Welcome to Woodlawn
Welcome to Woodlawn: A STEAM Planetary School!
Need to register your child at Woodlawn? All the information you need can be found by using the link below:
Does your child ride the bus? Check out the bus route info here (select Woodlawn from the drop-down menu):
Upcoming Events for Woodlawn Parents and Families
PPS Enrollment Balancing
PPs and a community-led advisory committee (DBRAC) are working on proposals to manage growth and support learning, such as moving boundaries, changing grade configurations, expanding existing schools and reopening schools that were closed.
Goal: Enough classrooms and students to offer a full academic program with reasonable class sizes at all grade levels without relying on temporary grants and parent fundraising. The full academic program includes enrichments and learning supports so that all students can excel.
There are currently two proposals, effecting Woodlawn in the following ways:
- Woodlawn would become a PK-5 and feed to Ockley Green Middle School
- A portion of the Woodlawn PK-8 boundary would shift to King PK-5 and Tubman Middle School
- A portion of the Woodlawn PK-8 boundary that now has dual assignment to Roosevelt and Jefferson would change to Grant and Jefferson.
- Woodlawn PK-8 would become a PK-5 and feed to Ockley Green Middle School
- A portion of the Woodlawn PK-8 boundary would shift to King PK-5
We had a parent meeting here at Woodlawn on 17 November. We asked parents to consider the following questions in their table groups:
- What questions do you have?
- How do you think this will impact our students?
- What changes would you recommend?
Literacy Night: Upper Grade Edition
Join us at 5:45 Tuesday December 1 for a night of exploring literacy in 3rd-8th grade. Dinner is provided with activities to follow.