Weekly Reminders and Announcements
Vernon's Chess For Success is highlighted on KGW News on Giving Tuesday.
Click the link to watch: http://www.kgw.com/home/234278601.html
Vernon Site Council NEEDS YOU!
Vernon Innovation Summit
Use this form to submit your wonderful ideas for Vernon School! All submissions will be placed before the Site Council for consideration. Please indicate sources for any additional required time, money or materials required for your proposal and demonstrate how this proposal will connect with student learning here at Vernon School.
Submissions will be accepted through December 15 and discussed at the January 13th Site Council meeting. Responses to submission will be emailed by February 1.
Vernon School Site Council meets monthly on Mondays at 5:30 pm in the Multipurpose Room.
A Message From Your Administrators
1st Quarter Celebrations!
We want to celebrate these successes in our school:
Living IB – Bully Prevention Day, Peace One Day, Mix It Up Lunch
Working as a team, creating a community through supporting each other
Cleaned and organized many areas around the school
Hired wonderful new staff members
Successful MYP Authorization Visit
Run For the Owls
Mentoring of individual students
Spirit Day and Assembly
Implementing and using Student Data Wall
Continued improvement of IB Units
Teachers successfully learning new curriculum
Middle School using 2nd period to work with students where they are at academically
Partnerships with PTA, Big Brother/Big Sister, SMART, YMCA, East Portland Rotary, SUN/SEI, Foster Grandparent Program
Tree planting and new logs
Buddy Class Activities
School Wide Expectations
Additional Administrative Reminders
Vernon Communication Commitment
Parents and teachers collaborating is very important to us here at Vernon. We wanted to make you aware of the guidelines we are committed to complying with as a staff:
- If a parent has a question or concern about class, we encourage you to contact your classroom teacher first.
- Teachers will respond to your email, note or phone call within 24-48 hours.
- Please check with teachers as to which method might be quicker for them to answer your communication and please make sure we have your updated information.
- If you have a question or concern for the administration, we encourage you to call, email, or send a note and we will responsed within 48-72 hours, unless it is a matter of urgency.
School Goal: Great Attendance and Arriving to School on Time
Second Quarter and Fourth Quarter we will be using a Attendance Reward Program for K-5th grades. Each student that has perfect attendance and no tardies will receive a informational card about an animal from China. Students will also be entered into a weekly drawing for a stuffed animal. At the end of 9 weeks we will have a drawing for all students that have had perfect attendance for 9 weeks for large stuffed animals.
Just a quick repost of attendance reminders:
- The 8:45 Bell. This is when instruction begins. Please make sure that your morning routine allows for plenty of time to get ready and to get here by 8:35.
- We have Monday announcements right after the 8:45 bell rings. We will announce birthdays, weather reports, and Principal's drawings.