Dental Sealant Program at Vernon School 204-15
Vernon School with a partnership with School and Community Oral Health Programs was able to help the following number of children, shown below, dental care that would have cost $6350 in the private sector.
Children found with urgent dental needs will have their parents contacted and referrals made.
# OF STUDENTS SCREENED 56
# OF STUDENTS RECEIVING SEALANTS 40
# OF CHILDREN REFERRED FOR URGENT DENTAL NEEDS 2
Children free of dental disease and pain will be better equipped to maximize their learning experience.
We want to thank our partner, School and Community Oral Health Programs for all the work they accomplished this year for our students.
School and Community Oral Health Programs
Vernon's Pledge of Nonviolence
Vernon's Pledge of Nonviolence
Making peace must start within ourselves and in our school. Each of us, members of Vernon School, on this day, commit ourselves as best as we can to become nonviolent and peaceable people.
To Respect Self and Others
To respect ourselves, to affirm others and to avoid uncaring criticism, hateful words, physical attacks and self-destructive behavior.
To Communicate Better
To share our feelings honestly, to look for safe ways to express our anger, and to work at solving problems peacefully.
To listen carefully to one another, especially those who disagree with us, and to consider others' feelings and needs rather than insist on having our own way.
To apologize and make amends when we have hurt another, to forgive others, and to keep from holding grudges.
To Respect Nature
To treat the environment and all living things, including our pets, with respect and care.
To Play Creatively
To select activites and toys that support our school's values and to avoid activities that make violence look exciting, funny or acceptable.
To Be Courageous
To challenge violence in all its forms whenever we encounter it, whether at home, at school, or in the community, and to stand with others who are treated unfairly.
This is our pledge. These are our goals. We will check ourselves on what we have pledged once a month so that we can help each other become more peaceable people.
Eliminating violence, one school at a time, starting with our own.
Vernon Communication Commitment
Parents and teachers collaborating is very important to us here at Vernon. We wanted to make you aware of the guidelines we are committed to complying with as a staff:
- If a parent has a question or concern about class, we encourage you to contact your classroom teacher first.
- Teachers will respond to your email, note or phone call within 24-48 hours.
- Please check with teachers as to which method might be quicker for them to answer your communication and please make sure we have your updated information.
- If you have a question or concern for the administration, we encourage you to call, email, or send a note and we will responsed within 48-72 hours, unless it is a matter of urgency.
Vernon School has adopted the Rotary's Guide to Relationships.
We use the 4 Way Test when making decisions.
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?