Weekly Reminders and Announcements
Be sure to visit Vernon PTA's Newsletters on this site.
Go to the purple "PTA" tab on the left, then click on "PTA Newsletters."
A Message From Your Administrators
In the last stretch!
Again, a BIG thanks to the PTA for a wonderfully successful Carnival. The students are still talking about it. I see photobooth pictures floating around and taped to binders.
Congratulations to the 4th and 5th grade classes as the celebrated their learning in the 1st annual I.B. Exhibition for Primary Years Program. We had a great turn out by all of our 4th and 5th grade families. Group presentations occurred throughout the building and they were followed by a small reception in the MPR. We look forward to next year. Thanks to the teachers, Mrs. Fernandez, and all of our generous mentors who were generous with their time. We couldn't do it without you!
We have many events coming up this month and we want to draw your attention to two of those events.
Volunteer appreciation, May 31st 8:15 - 9:15. Please stop by for a token of our appreciation as well as some breakfast treats.
June 7th will be our K-5 end of the year assembly. Time will be 9:00 am
June 12th is Field Day and 8th grade trip - schedules are being drawn up
Also June 12th is our K-2 Spring Concert to be held in the auditorium at Jefferson High School. It will be an evening event and Mrs. Etzel will be sending out more information.
June 14th will be the all school celebration - we will send out information once we know where we migth need volunteers.
Mrs. Acker and Mrs. Roletto
Additional Administrative Reminders
Vernon Communication Commitment
Parents and teachers collaborating is very important to us here at Vernon. We wanted to make you aware of the guidelines we are committed to complying with as a staff:
- If a parent has a question or concern about class, we encourage you to contact your classroom teacher first.
- Teachers will try to respond to your email, note or phone call within 24-48 hours.
- Please check with teachers as to which method might be quicker for them to answer your communication and please make sure we have your updated information.
- If you have a question or concern for the administration, we encourage you to call, email, or send a note and we will try to send a response within 48-72 hours, unless it is a matter of urgency.
School Goal: Great Attendance and Arriving to School on Time
So far, so great! I am excited to see the efforts being made by families to get to school on time! I see families encouraging their kids to walk a little quicker to beat the bell and arrive on time. This sends such a great message to your kids.
Just a quick repost of attendance reminders:
- The 8:45 Bell. This is when instruction begins. Please make sure that your morning routine allows for plenty of time to get ready and to get here by 8:35.
- Morning announcments will begin Monday, September 10th. We will have announcements right after the 8:45 bell rings. We will announce birthdays, weather reports, and Principal's drawings.
- Quarterly Perfect Attendance Awards - We would like to celebrate perfect attendance on a regular basis this year!
- Our school resource officers (SRO) have offered to help work with us this year to make sure that families have the resources they need in order to have a successful year.