School News & Announcements
- February 3-14, 2014 -- Read-A-Thon
- February 5, 2014 -- Connect to Kindergarten, 6-7pm
- February 7, 2014 -- No School -- Sunnyside Only
- February 17, 2014 -- President's Day (No School)
- February 18, 2014 -- Read-A-Thon Pledges Due
- February 19, 2014 -- 2-hour Late Start
- March 6-7, 2014 -- 8th Grade Retreat
- March 19, 2014 -- 2-hour Late Start
- March 24-28, 2014 -- Spring Break (No School)
- April 11, 2013 -- Teacher Planning Day (No School)
- April 16, 2014 -- 2-hour Late Start
- April 25, 2013 -- Half-Day Release at 11:45
- May 21, 2014 -- 2-hour Late Start
- May 26, 2014 -- Memorial Day (No School)
- June 11, 2014 -- Last Day of School
Information for Middle School Parents
Middle School Parents - Please view 6th Grade Packet for important information.
|8:30 a.m.||Breakfast Begins|
|8:40 a.m.||First Bell|
|8:45 a.m.||Tardy Bell|
|3:00 p.m.||K-5 Dismissal|
|3:15 p.m.||6-8 Dismissal|
The school is open at 8:30 am for breakfast with students going to classrooms at 8:40 am. There is no one to supervise or watch your children before this time unless they are enrolled in daycare. It is not safe to drop them off or send them earlier.
School is out at 3:00 pm for k-5 and 3:15 pm for middle school. We strongly encourage parents to come on to campus and pick up your child by parking and walking to school versus sitting in a car and waiting. This gives you an opportunity to visit with other adults while cutting down on traffic around the school and adding an adult presence to our grounds.
There is no teacher supervision after 3:30 pm. Children are encouraged to join safe afterschool activities including supervised play after school.
At 3:00 pm the school becomes a public park and is not under the care of the school. We encourage and support parent created 4-H clubs and other cooperative efforts to provide safe play for children.