To take a look at what's happening in our Kindergartens, click here for current curriculum, word wall words, calendars, etc.October 2011
Writing - This month we are continuing the Launching Writing Workshop Unit.
Writing Workshop time is Monday through Friday, 9:45 - 10:45 am.
Currently we are learning procedures and expectations for Writing Workshop time.
Students are working on the following . . . .
1. Begin to learn how to visualize a story
2. Share ideas with a partner.
3. Draw a picture with markings to tell a story from personal experience.
4. Begin to learn how to use resources around the room (such as the word wall and ABC chart).
5. Begin to learn how to write the letters to match the sounds.
Bridges Math - We are very excited each day as we update our Number Corner.
Our calendar pattern is called One Dot, Many Dots. This month we are working on the following skills and concepts.
1. Compare sets of objects and determine whether they have the same, fewer, or more objects.
2. Use and understand the words one/many, none/some/all, more/less, most/least, equal to/more than/less than.
3. describe numbers using 5 as a benchmark.
4. describe and extend simple growing and repeating patterns.
5. count and read numerals to 31.
6. identify ordinal positions through the 31st.