This is Jen’s 5th year teaching at Sitton in a special education classroom. She has her Master’s degree in Special Education. She has extensive experience teaching students with special needs and designing curricula that meet the specific needs of each student. Teacher Jen will be working every other Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Jen’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Martine is joining Sitton from Astor, where she taught for 2 years in a Life Skills and Communication Behavior classrooms. She has a Master’s degree in Special Education as well and looks forward to collaborating with Jen to create the most effective, efficient and enjoyable learning environment for all of the students. Teacher Emily will be working every Monday, Tuesday and every other Wednesday. Emily’s email is email@example.com
As a teaching team, we will be sharing the workweek on a rotating schedule. There are 4 experienced, full-time teaching assistants assigned to support the teachers and students, some new to the building and some returning. Together we will focus on creating a dynamic classroom that uses the following instructional beliefs:
* Cooperative learning between the staff and students, with parent input, helps everyone learn new and interesting things about the environment around us and about ourselves.
* Activities need to be developmentally appropriate and child centered.
* A safe and nurturing learning environment is very important.
* A positive self-image is developed through opportunities for success.
* We celebrate our differences and our unique strengths.
If you need to contact us, please use the “daily journal” to write any notes, call before 8:00 a.m. or after 2:30 p.m. or schedule a time to meet after students have left for the day.
We look forward to meeting you and thank you in advance for the opportunity to educate your child during this school year!