Sabin SUN Community School
Important Upcoming dates:
- Thursday, December 3, 2015 - Last day of Fall SUN Programming
- Thursday, December 3, 2015 4:30 pm - Fall SUN Showcase in the Sabin Auditorium
- Friday, December 4, 2015 - WINTER SUN Newsletter distributed
- Friday, December 11, 2015 - Winter SUN Registration forms due - LOTTERY REGISTRATION
- Winter SUN Session - January 11th - March 3rd, 2016
Important SUN Information:
- On No School Days or if Sabin is closed for inclement weather, there is NO SUN school.
- Sabin SUN school runs Monday thru Thursday from 3:00-4:30 with some classes running until 5:30 pm
Past Sabin SUN Newsletters
What is the SUN School all about?
Sabin SUN, a program of the Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization (IRCO), aims to improve the lives of children, their families and the community by extending the school day and develop schools as "community centers" in their neighborhoods. SUN Community Schools strive to be a community "hub." They link with other community institutions, such as the libraries, parks and community centers, neighborhood health clinics and area businesses.
SUN Community Schools
- Extend the school day and broaden the educational resources for the community
- Bring and coordinate services to the community
- Bring the community together to break down isolation and strengthen families.
- Build relationships across generations, cultures and incomes
Sabin SUN is proud to partner with Chess for Success, AKA Science, MAD Science, Concordia University, Oregon Food Bank, 4-H Wildlife Stewards, Whole Foods Market Fremont, Portland Police Bureau, Motion Magic,Saturday Academy and Portland Early Learning Project to offer high quality extended day classes. Classes also include content in visual arts, music, drama, cooking, dance, and foreign language/culture.
Are you interested in volunteering or know someone who is?
SUN School Contact Information
Rachel Prust, SUN Site Manager
- 503-916-6707 (office) 503-360-3104 (SUN cell)
Katie Calley, AmeriCorps Academic Engagement Coordinator
Julian Dominic, Garden Educator