Welcome to Sabin K-8 IB School - An Outstanding Oregon School
Important Dates to Remember:
Thursday, May 16th
5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Sabin's Global Experience - Around the World in Pictures and Words
Tour the school, with passport in hand, and view student projects that make connections to places and cultures near and far. The evening ends with food to sample from Amalfi's Italian Restaurant -- 6:30 - 7:30 in the Cafeteria
School News & Announcements
SABIN SCHOOL: IB World School - Primary and Middle Years Programmes
Sabin School received word in August that it was authorized to offer the Internation Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (MYP). All grades levels are now designated as being part of the IB World School* community!
*Only schools authorized by the IB organization can offer any of its three academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), or the Diploma Programme. Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted.
The Primary Years Programme (PYP) for pupils aged 3 to 12 focuses on the development of the whole child in the classroom and in the world outside.
The Middle Years Programme (MYP) for students aged 11 to 16 provides a framework of academic challenge and life skills through embracing and transcending traditional school subjects.
International Baccalaureate Mission Statement:
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment.
These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
International Baccalaureate Learner Profiles:
The aim of all IB Programmes is to develop internationally minded people who, recognizing their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet, help create a better and more peaceful world. IB learners strive to be:
- INQUIRERS - Develop natural curiosity.
- KNOWLEDGEABLE - Explore concepts, ideas and issues that have local and global significance.
- THINKERS - Exercise initiative in applying thinking skills critically and creatively.
- COMMUNICATORS - Understand and express ideas and information confidently.
- PRINCIPLED - Act with integrity and honesty.
- OPEN-MINDED - Understand and appreciate their own cultures and personal histories.
- CARING - Show empathy, compassion and respect.
- RISK-TAKERS - Approach unfamiliar situations with courage and thoughtfulness.
- BALANCED - Understand the importance of intellectual, physical and emotional balance.
- REFLECTIVE - Give thoughtful consideration to their own learning and experience.
A Message from Principal Dauch