Welcome to Sabin K-8 IB School - An Outstanding Oregon School
School News & Announcements
SABIN SCHOOL: IB World School - Primary and Middle Years Programmes
Sabin School is an authorized International Baccalaureate World School. All students in all grades receive the benefit of receiving an education based on the IB teaching principles and philosophy.
The Primary Years Programme (PYP) for pupils aged 5 to 12 focuses on the development of the whole child in the classroom and in the world outside.
Watch this VIDEO to see what a PYP classroom looks like.
The Middle Years Programme (MYP) for students aged 11 to 16 provides a framework of academic challenge and life skills through embracing and transcending traditional school subjects.
International Baccalaureate Mission Statement
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programs of international education and rigorous assessment.
These programs encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
International Baccalaureate Learner Profiles
The aim of all IB Programmes is to develop internationally minded people who, recognizing their common humanity and shared guardianship of the planet, help create a better and more peaceful world. IB learners strive to be:
- INQUIRERS - Develop natural curiosity.
- KNOWLEDGEABLE - Explore concepts, ideas and issues that have local and global significance.
- THINKERS - Exercise initiative in applying thinking skills critically and creatively.
- COMMUNICATORS - Understand and express ideas and information confidently.
- PRINCIPLED - Act with integrity and honesty.
- OPEN-MINDED - Understand and appreciate their own cultures and personal histories.
- CARING - Show empathy, compassion and respect.
- RISK-TAKERS - Approach unfamiliar situations with courage and thoughtfulness.
- BALANCED - Understand the importance of intellectual, physical and emotional balance.
- REFLECTIVE - Give thoughtful consideration to their own learning and experience.