Welcome to Rigler!
Message from the Principal / Información del Director
Rigler is a very special place and I consider it a privilege to work with a talented staff, an involved parent community, and students who are eager to learn. I've been serving as Rigler's principal for four months, and continue to be amazed with the extraordinary accomplishments that occur daily at our school.
- Rigler children are enthusiastic and excited about learning. It is a thrill to observe our young learners working to become better readers, writers, mathematicians, scientists, artists, and language learners.
- Our top notch teachers hold very high expectations for student performance. Teachers challenge students who excel and provide support to ensure that all students are able to meet high standards.
- Our success is directly related to a strong home-school partnership with parents who value education.
- We have a growing army of parent and community volunteers who assist in classrooms, coordinate special events, and generally work as partners with us. Our PTA raises significant funds that are used to purchase instructional supplies, equipment, and enriching field trips.
- We are grateful for a wide range of financial and in-kind support from area businesses, non-profit organizations, and community members, which makes our work possible at Rigler.
TJ Fuller, Principal
Creston Dental Clinic is offering free complete dental care for kids from Kindergarten through twelfth grade. To qualify you must be a current Portland schools student, qualify for free or reduced lunch and be either uninsured or insured through Oregon Health Care plan. Call (503) 916-5808 to set up an appointment.
7:50 am – 1st Bell/Breakfast Begins
8:00 am – School Begins
11:00-11:45 am – K-1 Lunch/Recess
11:30-12:15 am – 4-5 Lunch/Recess
12:00-12:45 pm – 2-3 Lunch/Recess
2:15 pm – Dismissal