Welcome to Rieke
There have been many questions regarding the Family Science Night at OMSI so we wanted to share this email from their organizer:
We’re looking forward to hosting Rieke on Monday, April 25, from 6:00 to 8:00 for Family Science Night.
Family Science Nights offer a unique experience for your school’s families and teachers to visit the museum and spark lifelong interest in science. This exclusive event for your school is designed to foster community between teachers, parents and students, and strengthen parent and family involvement in science exploration and discovery. Your school will explore our popular exhibit halls, as well as our Physics Lab and Life Science Lab, engaging in exciting hands-on activities.
- Rieke Family Science Night: Monday, April 25, 2016 6-8pm. Game Masters Exhibit, Turbine Hall, & Life Science Hall will be available including Physics Labs and Life Science Lab. Empirical Theater, Planetarium, and USS Blueback Submarine not included.
- Heelys, running, horseplay, eating, drinking, and chewing gum are prohibited in the exhibit halls.
- Student are required to stay with adults during their visit. Anyone who is lost should look for an OMSI representative (wearing a vest or name badge) for assistance in re-connecting with the group.
- Photography is allowed everywhere except in the Prenatal Exhibit and Game Masters Exhibit.
- Students and parents are encouraged to talk about their discoveries and direct questions to OMSI staff and volunteers located throughout the museum and exhibit halls.
- Our restaurant and snack bar will not be available during the event. Food and beverages can be purchased from our vending machines.
- Upon arrival at OMSI, check-in will be located in the front lobby and will start at 6:00 PM.
- Disregard signs in the parking lot that read "OMSI is closed on Mondays" as these do not relate to your event. Also, there is no parking fee charged for this event.
Since Rieke is renting out the museum for this evening everyone is welcome! Bring children, family, neighbors, and friends if you would like.
Sign up for art classes!
Mixed media collages, origami, stuffed animals and 3-D paper star hanging are just a few of the art classes available. Limited spots are available, so make sure to sign up quickly.
Classes are one hour and $15 each, open to all family members. Learn more and sign up here.
Don’t forget!We still need volunteers! If you are interested in volunteer opportunities, check out Volunteer Spot or contact Christine Surratt.
Raffle Reminder: Please enter to win a gift basket of Hillsdale Farmer’s Market goodies by bringing non-perishable food (canned meats; mac and cheese; tuna and Tuna Helper) to support both the Rieke and Hayhurst food pantries.
School News & Announcements
Connect to Kindergarten
For further questions, please contact
Rieke Elementary at 503-916-5768.
Support the Rieke PTA Imagine Campaign
The Rieke PTA Imagine Fund has a new way for families and community members to donate online. The Imagine Fund is used to pay for staffing and enrichments at our school. Thank you for your consideration!
Cafeteria Lunch Money Accounts
Free and Reduced Lunch Services
Rieke before and after school care is available through Vermont Hills Family Life Center