PSAT Information / Testing
Where: MLC Auditorium
When: October 14th at 8:30am
Please Remember to:
- To get A Good Night’s Sleep!
- To eat breakfast before you arrive!
- To be at least 5-10 minutes early!
How to prepare:
- Take a practice test to see what the tests are like and get a personalized skills workout. Click for free practice.
What to Bring:
- Two No. 2 pencils with eraser
- An approved calculator
- Approved Calculators. Click to read more about approved calculators
- If you do not have access to an approved calculator we will have calculators to provide
- For students not testing at their own school and home-schooled students:
- Valid school- or government-issued photo ID
- Social Security number (optional)
- We ask that students store all their belongings, not required for testing, in their locker.
- Students should not bring any electronic devices, other than approved calculators, or they will be confiscated for the duration of the test.
- Students will get two five minute breaks but must stay within the testing area and cannot access lockers while on break.
Coffee with the Principal!
As you may know, MLC students in 1st through 8th grade are provided enriching opportunities through the Electives Program. 1X8 electives classes vary in content and skill: from Jewelry to Frisbee, Spanish to Yoga! This program allows students to select classes based on their unique interests and fosters a desire to explore.
Thank you for your continued commitment to all of our MLC students!
News from cafeteria!
Hi, MLC– It’s Jaime from the cafeteria again! Welcome back!!!
Grab-and-Go Breakfast options will now be served in the morning:
8 until 8:30 (Please note: These items are not served warm.)
Warm Breakfast entrees will be served during break time: 9:45-10:00.
The change comes in hopes that we give all students a chance to eat breakfast with us. J Nourishing the bellies and minds of children so they can focus and succeed in school!
Lunch is served from 11:30 until 12:30 each day and includes an entrée, endless salad bar, and milk.
I still have quite a few negative account balances... Oh no!! Please send money (check or cash) to the cafeteria with you student. (Please note: Change can no longer be given for payments received.) You can use a card to pay online at: myschoolbucks.com There you can also create an account for your child to receive low-balance notifications when your child(ren) needs money.
If your child(ren) receives free or reduced meals please go online and fill out a new form for this year, or print a hard copy, or stop by the cafeteria for a paper form. Let’s do our best to make sure accounts do not get charged needlessly.
Thank you to all of the parents that are allowing their children to volunteer to serve lunch. I really appreciate your help in ensuring all students transition through the cafeteria with a smile on their face and a plate full of good food.
Please do not hesitate to call if you have any questions or concerns!
Jaime Clement - Portland Public Schools - Nutrition Services
- Email: Ns154@pps.net
- Phone: 503-916-2000 x76010