Named for Linus Pauling, Portland-raised Nobel Laureate, Pauling Academy of Integrated Science is a college preparatory small school with a focus on Science and Math.
At Pauling Academy, our mission is to create a community of socially aware and engaged citizens. Scientific inquiry and community-based experiences will inspire students to develop a global perspective and to strive for academic achievement.
- Giving all students equal opportunity and access to a rigorous academic education.
- Honoring diversity which will promote justice, acceptance and peace,
- Encouraging students to be passionate, innovative, creative and engaged citizens.
- Using high quality, effective instructional practices school wide
- Integrated curriculum in grades 9 and 10
- AP Classes in Math and Science
- Four years of science including: Integrated Science, Biology, Advanced Biology, Forensics, Anatomy & Physiology, Ecology & Environmental Chemistry, Earth & Space Science
- Partnership with OMSI, Johnson Creek Watershed Council, Portland Water Bureau, WolfTree Inc, OHSU, MESD...
- Service learning, learning expeditions, and field work opportunities