Rachel M. Stagner
- I believe that all children can learn.
- I’m dedicated to making science education fun, interesting, and relevant to students’ everyday lives.
- I believe in differentiation, or allowing students to learn important topics in different ways to strengthen understanding. I also allow students many options to demonstrate their knowledge of important concepts.
- I believe in hands-on, inquiry-based science that lets students apply knowledge to new ideas, questions that they find personally interesting, and everyday life.
- I believe in reflection and deep thinking about ideas in order to make the important connections to other subjects and to everyday experiences outside the classroom.
- I believe that teaching students to think critically about issues and news in our society is an absolutely essential "skill" in our modern world that relies so much on technology and scientific innovation.
- Finally, I believe in fostering teamwork, communication, collaboration, and caring among all students in my classroom.
Email: email@example.com (The best way to contact me is via email).
Phone: (503) 916-5220, ext. 79343. (Voicemail is slow and often takes a day or two to show up, please email me if you wish to talk and I can call you back ASAP).
- This year (2011-2012) I will be using a website called Edmodo to host lectures, files, handouts, etc. The use of this website will be required by students. To go to Edmodo, click this text, or direct your internet browser to http://www.edmodo.com
- To access a YouTube tutorial video explaining how to set up an account at Edmodo, click on this text.