Meets the third Tuesday of the month at 2:30 in the school library
2012 - 2013 Site Council Roster:
- Parent Representation: Lydia Burns, Ross Swanson
- Staff Representation: Lynda Collmer and Laurie McIntyre
- Principal: Steve Powell
Site Council Minutes:
November 28, 2012
Attending: Ross Swanson, Lydia Burns (parents), Laurie McIntyre, Lynda Collmer (teachers) and Steve Powell (principal)
1. Approved October minutes.
2. Update on making 14th Ave. one way. Ross reported that there is no change regarding making 14th Ave. one way going south. Kyle Chesik from the Bureau of Transportation at the City of Portland spoke to SMILE and there was no opposition. According to Ross, formal discussions will start in January with Wilhelm’s and the neighborhood association. The City is leaning toward implementing over the summer, Ross would prefer implementing over Spring Break. Site Council is very frustrated with the process since this has been an issue for four years.
3. Boundary Change. Steve said that the Boundary Change passed on Monday. All new families living south of Tacoma will go to Duniway starting the 2013 – 2014 school year. Steve will put information in the December 7th Blue Letter. The Site Council recommends mentioning in the Blue Letter that the people living within that boundary will have the option of two outstanding schools in the Fall of 2013, although families that currently have a sibling at Llewellyn will be grandfathered in.
4. Bond. The School Bond passed. Until we know more about the bond, we can’t really comment more on what we can do to push it along.
5. New Business next meeting. Discuss protocol of after-hours visits to the school by parents so that some level of security is maintained. Decide on what awareness campaign should be undertaken.