School News & Announcements
A Message from the Principal
I want to share some good news about our staffing for next year as well as my gratitude to our Site Council for working with me on a proposal, and to the district for responding to our needs. I also want to thank all of you for your patience and input. I believe that the system worked this time! As always, if you have any questions, please see me.
Staffing for the 2014-15 school year:
· Last Friday afternoon, I was informed that the .10 that we were losing was given back to us so, at this time, we do not have to cut counseling. Instead, we will still meet the District requirements for this position.
· FURTHERMORE, the District also awarded/gave us back an additional .3 FTE that we can use for staffing. This, since we truly needed help due to our decreased enrollment brought about by the boundary change. The District gave us back a total of .40 (.10 for counseling and .3 for us to help with staffing)!!!
o Once I get a budget update from our Foundation, I will be meeting with Site Council to get their recommendations of how to best utilize this .3 FTE.
§ The Foundation, for the past few years, has paid for the FTE to help with staffing.
· Part of the Superintendent’s budget for 2014-15 was to increase School Secretary positions to .5. Since ours has been .49 (less than half-time (LTHT), I will be forced to post this position.
· As was done in previous years, I will give up my AP to cover staffing as well (1.0 FTE). However, we are still .7 less than last year.
· For the 2014-15 school year, we will have the following staffing:
o Grades K, 1, 4 will have three sections
o Grades 2, 3, 5 will have four sections
§ If we meet our goal of $100, 000, we will be able to buy back a section either at grade 1 or 4, depending on our enrollment numbers.
o We will continue to offer PE and MUSIC full time.