Registering for IB Exams
· Economic benefits (saves college credit costs)
· Flexibility benefits (extra credits available for times of stress, illness or travel)
· Educational benefits (confirms and affirms the learning experience)
· Educational success (students are more successful in college)
When do you test?
Exams are taken at the end of the course, generally in the second (or senior) year. Juniors may take up to two SL exams. Only Seniors may take HL exams.
How to register:
Exam registration begins Oct. 4th and ends on Nov 3rd (dates subject to change). Go to your Naviance account. Click on the “About Me” tab. Look under “Surveys to Take” on the left side and you will find the link for IB Test Registration.
After completing the appropriate test registration, PRINT OUT the reg form and take it AND a check for the fees to the Bookkeeper in Room 104. Checks should be made payable to
Scholarship assistance is available to students on Free and Reduced Lunch. Students should contact the IB Office for scholarship assistance.
Register carefully: changes to registration require additional fees and after January, IB will not accept changes. Very limited refunds are available after November 15.
When are the exams?
Exams are May 2015. Check the exam dates and save the exam schedule. Exams are scheduled for one-, two-, or three-day sessions. Dates and times are not negotiable or adjustable. Make sure you have no conflicts before you register. No refunds are made for IB exams not attended. There are no “late” test dates – juniors must wait until May 2016 to retake and seniors may retake in November 2015.
What exams are needed?
The Diploma consists of satisfactory completion of the Extended Essay, Creative Active Service (CAS), Theory of Knowledge (TOK) and 6 exams – 2 or 3 Standard Levels and 3 or 4 Higher Levels. Course students test in their chosen subjects and are granted a certificate from IBO.
How do we find out the scores?
IB scores are released online in July. Students will be given a password and PIN to access their IB account. Your IB transcript will automatically be sent to the college you designate in Naviance as your choice. Should your plans change over the summer you must contact IB at http://ibo.org/iba/transcripts/electronic.cfm to arrange for delivery of scores.
Where will the exams be held?
Given the limited space at
How to register:
1) Complete the registration on Naviance, print the form and take it with fees to the Bookkeeper in Room 104
2) Parents need to sign the “General Acceptance” of the IB Diploma Programme Regulations. Please go to the Lincoln IB Website and review the IB Diploma Regulations and sign the General Acceptance form and submit that to the IB Office.
3) Your registration will be mailed home and you will be asked to verify its accuracy prior to November 10th. YOU are responsible for registration accuracy.
4) Late registrations or changes to registration details will incur a fee after November 15th .
5) Partial refunds are available November 15-January 15th. No refunds whatsoever after January 15th.
6) Parents needing a payment plan should download the Scholarship Request form from the website and submit it to the IB Office. All fees must be paid by April 1st.
How to contact the IB Office:
Jo Ann Wadkins
(503) 916-5200 Ext. 75415
(503) 916-5200 Ext. 75528