LHS Long Term Development Committee
Long Term Development CommitteeABOUT THE LTDC
The Long Term Development Committee is charged with finding a long-term solution to the facilities issue at Lincoln. The Portland Public School District authorized the formation of the Lincoln High School Long Term Development Committee (LTDC) in November 2006. The committee has consisted of experts from the Lincoln community in such fields as architecture, construction, education, law, project management, public transportation, urban planning, public relations, non-profit work and educational facilities management.
For two years, the Lincoln Long-Term Development Committee (LTDC) has been working hard to represent the community in all of PPS’ discussions about the future of the high school system. With the number of decisions being made in the year ahead, we need your help! The LTDC is looking for 3-4 new board members. Below are the qualifications we’re looking for in prospective new members: Qualifications -
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic planning, urban planning, government relations, finance, public/private partnerships, or collaborative civic engagement
- Ability and willingness to attend monthly LTDC meetings, prepare documentation as may be required, and liaise with city, PPS, community, or other public/private partners
- Ability and willingness to liaise with LHS community, including with current parents, student, alums, and prospective parents
- Ability to spot issues and opportunities, research, and collaborate with LTDC members on position papers, communications, and media issues, etc.
- Ability and willingness to network and collaboratively influence adoption of LHS vision in context of PPS, City, and other concurrent events or interests
- Ability and willingness to be on-boarded to LTDC, including reviewing a wide range of information related to the LTDC mission, work product, and engagement model
- Current or prospective connection with Lincoln High School, the LHS/Goose Hollow community, or a clear interest and demonstrated in the stated LTDC mission and LHS vision
To apply, please contact a member of the LTDC or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit us at http://lincoln2016.org.