Be the first to know! LHS Counseling department will send out important information, dates, scholarships etc...
8th GRADE FORECAST NIGHT PRESENTATION
This presentation was created for our incoming freshman and is full of helpful forecasting information. Feel free to contact your LHS Counselor for any questions you may have. Your counselor can be found on the staff page. Counselors are assigned by last name. For enrollment information, you may contact our registrar at 503-916-5200 option 2.
LHS Counseling Center
The Counseling Center is the place to come for a variety of help such as assistance with academic issues, on campus credit recovery, post-high school planning, assistance with finding student supports with social or mental health issues, off-campus learning options, outdoor school, standardized testing, and much more.
We have 4 counselors aligned to students by their last name. We also have a dedicated College & Career counselor for all students along with an Academic Priority counselor too. Get to know the counseling staff by clicking here!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a transcript and provide your name, grade, reason or receiving school, and if you need an official or unofficial paper copy
- Allow two business days for processing
- Paper copies will be available for pick up in the Counseling officeIf you need a transcript and have graduated from LHS over one school year ago, PPS Records Management can assist you.
We produce our annual course guide in February.LHS holds a Forecasting Fair day in March every year where students can attend sessions to hear more about elective classes they are interested in taking the next school year. Student submit a forecasting sheet to the Counseling center and counselors meet with every student to go over it to ensure the class selections are properly aligned to the students level and keeps them on track to graduate.
The LHS staff and parent community is very dedicated to supporting our students while in high school and preparing them for post high school. Below are resources to help students chart their planning path.
- Aspire mentors - parent volunteers that help students meet college planning and application steps
- Senior College and Career Planning & Senior College News & Calendar
- Junior College and Career Planning & Junior College News & Calendar
- Beyond Lincoln Slide Show
- Sophomore Year College Planning
- Freshman Year College Planning
- Naviance - KEY informational tool for college planning offered by Lincoln
- Standardized Test Page - information about testing. Here are direct links to: SAT and ACT testing
- Scholarship listing Naviance. Join Beyond Lincoln - Scholarships Facebook page for updates Counseling Center News & Calendar- check often to find out the latest news and what's coming up next
2016-17College Activity & Planning Events
College visits start in September and most colleges come to LHS before December but there are a few that will come in the Spring. Watch the Weekly Bulletin for the college visit dates.
Welcome to Lincoln! We are excited you are a college or university who plans to visit our students this 2016-17 school year. Cynthia Roberts organizes more than 100 college visits to Lincoln each year. Even though college visits are allowed only during lunchtime and after school, most college staff find these sessions to be well attended by interested students. Please sign up in advance so we have time to inform our students. Upon arrival of your visit day, please allow extra time for public street parking (no on-site parking available) and sign in for a visitor's badge at the Main Office. The Counseling Department is located across the hallway from the Main Office. Thank you, Cynthia Roberts - Counseling Department Secretary email@example.com (503-916-6093) Meg Kilmer - College & Career Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some of the materials presented College Planning evening.
De-Mystifying College Admissions - Marie Morris of Beyond 18 and Lisa Wendland of Lisa Wendland College Planning
Financial Aid Mythbusters - Marie Morris of Beyond 18 and Lisa Wendland of Lisa Wendland College Planning
Writing a Dynamic College Essay - Eric Delehoy of Delehoy College Counseling
Here are some of the materials presented at the 2012 College Planning evening.
Public College Options in Oregon - Kirk Koenig, U of O admissions
Timeline and Process: College Planning for Juniors - Kim Curtis and Jane Brillhart
FA_Night1415.pptx - Financial Aid Basics - Leslie Limper, Director of Financial Aid, Reed College.