Follow LHS Counseling on Twitter @LHSGoCards
Be the first to know! LHS Counseling department will send out important information, dates, scholarships etc...
2015-2016 Course Request Form:
8th GRADE FORECAST NIGHT PRESENTATION
This presentation was created for our incoming freshman and is full of helpful forecasting information. Feel free to contact your LHS Counselor for any questions you may have. Your counselor can be found on the staff page. Counselors are assigned by last name. For enrollment information, you may contact our registrar at 503-916-5200 option 2.
LHS Counseling Center
The Counseling Center is the place to come for a variety of help such as assistance with academic issues, on campus credit recovery, BYU test proctoring, post-high school planning, assistance with finding student supports with social or mental health issues, off-campus learning options, outdoor school, standardized testing, and much more.
We have 4 counselors aligned to students by their last name. We also have a dedicated College & Career counselor for all students along with an Academic Priority counselor too. Get to know the counseling staff by clicking here!
LHS provides 5 free transcripts, then charges $2 fee for each official transcript.
- Fees are added to the student's record and are payable during their senior year check-out process
- Email email@example.com to request a transcript and provide your name, grade, reason or receiving school, and if you need an official or unofficial paper copy
- Allow two business days for processing
- Paper copies will be available for pick up in the Counseling officeIf you need a transcript and have graduated from LHS over one school year ago, PPS Records Management can assist you.
We produce our annual course guide in February, click here for the 2014-2015 version.LHS holds a Forecasting Fair day in March every year where students can attend sessions to hear more about elective classes they are interested in taking the next school year. Student submit a forecasting sheet to the Counseling center and counselors meet with every student to go over it to ensure the class selections are properly aligned to the students level and keeps them on track to graduate.
The LHS staff and parent community is very dedicated to supporting our students while in high school and preparing them for post high school. Below are resources to help students chart their planning path.
- Aspire mentors - parent volunteers that help students meet college planning and application steps
- Senior College and Career Planning & Senior College News & Calendar
- Junior College and Career Planning & Junior College News & Calendar
- Beyond Lincoln Slide Show
- Sophomore Year College Planning
- Freshman Year College Planning
- Naviance - KEY informational tool for college planning offered by Lincoln
- Standardized Test Page - information about testing. Here are direct links to: SAT and ACTtesting
- Scholarship listing Naviance. Join Beyond Lincoln - Scholarships Facebook page for updates Counseling Center News & Calendar- check often to find out the latest news and what's coming up next
2014 -15 College Activity & Planning Events
College visits start in September and most colleges come to LHS before December but there are a few that will come in the Spring. Watch the Daily Bulletin for the college visit dates.
Here are some of the materials presented at the 2013 College Planning evening.
De-Mystifying College Admissions - Marie Morris of Beyond 18 and Lisa Wendland of Lisa Wendland College Planning
Financial Aid Mythbusters - Marie Morris of Beyond 18 and Lisa Wendland of Lisa Wendland College Planning
Writing a Dynamic College Essay - Eric Delehoy of Delehoy College Counseling
Here are some of the materials presented at the 2012 College Planning evening.
Public College Options in Oregon - Kirk Koenig, U of O admissions
Timeline and Process: College Planning for Juniors - Kim Curtis and Jane Brillhart
FA_Night1415.pptx - Financial Aid Basics - Leslie Limper, Director of Financial Aid, Reed College.