Senior Year & Graduation 2016
CLASS OF 2016
|Please check out important graduation information below,
check back for updates!
Graduation Ceremony Prep
Graduation is an exciting time and students and families eagerly look forward to the festivities. Please be sure support LHS and your participation in the ceremony by following student handbook policies.
- Order a cap and gown (Fall): Contact www.jostens.com/contact . All students are required to wear a cap and gown to be part of the ceremony. Please contact your student's counselor if you have any questions.
- Senior check-out TBA: All seniors are required to pay any LHS fees prior to receiving graduation tickets and their physical diploma. Letters detailing unpaid fee (i.e. lost textbooks, library and parking fees) information are sent out in early May.
- Important Senior Dates: April TBA CRLE Due; May TBA all CORRESPONDENCE SCHOOLS grades due (PSU, BYU etc); TBA final exams; TBA, Senior Breakfast/Senior Awards Assembly;
- Graduation tickets (after senior check-out in June): All graduating seniors will receive 10 tickets each after clearing fees and meeting all graduation requirements prior to or at the senior check-out. Students can request more tickets after the check-out is complete at the mandatory rehearsal practice.
- Graduation Day: TBA Rehearsal 9:30 a.m. at Memorial Coliseum; Commencement 8:00 p.m. at Memorial Coliseum. Seniors should arrive at the Coliseum at TBA p.m. wearing regular clothes and carrying cap and gown.
- Graduation location and parking: The ceremony will be held at the Memorial Coliseum TBA. This is a formal ceremony and students are expected to honor conduct guidelines. Parking fees apply as posted, there is no free or validated parking. Families needing information about handicap access, wheelchair escorts and seating should contact the Coliseum directly at 503-235-8771 or 503-797-9712.
- Senior All-Night Grad Party (follows ceremony): The Senior All Night Grad Party is an event planned by senior parents and not the school. Students and parents can print out the graduation party waiver/medical form and submit it with the registration fee ($100, payable to LHS PTSO. Check your fall registration receipt to see if you've paid this amount already--if so, just send in the form to the senior grad party mail box in the main office. Questions? Want to help? Please contact TBA Partial scholarships are available on request, see your counselor.
Check out this SENIOR PRESENTATION for helpful information
If your graduation questions have not been answered in the information above or the Senior Presentation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org