Senior Year & Graduation 2016
Lincoln Valedictorians Class of 2015
Congratulations to the Class of 2015 valedictorians, honored for their outstanding academic achievement and graduating with an unweighted 4.0 GPA: Lillian Berry, Elise Burr, Camilla Fuller, Evan Hanning, Colin Kent-Daggett, Theodora Mautz, Hannah Moon, Anne Savaria-Watson, Phillip Weiss, Lillian Wheary
CLASS OF 2016
|Please check out important graduation information below,
check back for updates!
SENIORS, IT'S NOT TOO EARLY!
Why wait? Here are some important dates that will give you a head start on a very busy senior year.
Important Dates and Events
Common Application Available August 1
Oregon Private College Week, August 3-7 . Campus tours and informational meetings on 11 Oregon private college campuses held twice daily at 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.. Register here.
ACT September 12 test date, register online now. Regular registration deadline: August 7. Late registration deadline: August 21.
SAT October 3 test date, register online now. Regular registration deadline: September 2; late registration deadline:September 18..
PPS DIPLOMA REQUIREMENTS & CAREER EXPLORATION
In addition to meeting credit requirements and passing state tests in reading, writing and math, all PPS graduates complete three Personalized Learning Diploma Requirements (PLRs): 1) a short reflection on a Career Related Learning Experience, 2) Resume and 3) My Plan Essay. The resume and My Plan Essay are assignments in Senior English, but you can complete your CRLE reflection any time after you complete a job shadow, internship, career-related field trip, etc. Find the 2016 CRLE Reflection assignment in the ABOUT ME tab in Naviance.
A Career Related Learning Experience can offer you a unique topic for a college essay or scholarship interview. Exploring your interests and career options can also help you determine your next steps after high school. See Career Coordinator Meg Kilmer in the Counseling about job shadowing, career day events and volunteering. She has career assessments and college research tools for students too.
Graduation Ceremony Prep
Graduation is an exciting time and students and families eagerly look forward to the festivities. Please be sure support LHS and your participation in the ceremony by following student handbook policies.
- Order a cap and gown (Fall): Contact www.jostens.com/contact . All students are required to wear a cap and gown to be part of the ceremony. Please contact your student's counselor if you have any questions.
- Senior check-out TBA: All seniors are required to pay any LHS fees prior to receiving graduation tickets and their physical diploma. Letters detailing unpaid fee (i.e. lost textbooks, library and parking fees) information are sent out in early May.
- Important Senior Dates: April TBA CRLE Due; May TBA all CORRESPONDENCE SCHOOLS grades due (PSU, BYU etc); TBA final exams; TBA, Senior Breakfast/Senior Awards Assembly;
- Graduation tickets (after senior check-out in May): All graduating seniors will receive 10 tickets each after clearing fees and meeting all graduation requirements prior to or at the senior check-out. Students can request more tickets after the check-out is complete at the mandatory rehearsal practice.
- Graduation Day: June 5th; Rehearsal TBA. at Memorial Coliseum; Commencement TBA. at Memorial Coliseum. Seniors should arrive at the Coliseum at TBA p.m. wearing regular clothes and carrying cap and gown.
- Graduation location and parking: The ceremony will be held at the Memorial Coliseum TBA. This is a formal ceremony and students are expected to honor conduct guidelines. Parking fees apply as posted, there is no free or validated parking. Families needing information about handicap access, wheelchair escorts and seating should contact the Coliseum directly at 503-235-8771 or 503-797-9712.
- Senior All-Night Grad Party (follows ceremony): The Senior All Night Grad Party is an event planned by senior parents and not the school. Students and parents can print out the graduation party waiver/medical form and submit it with the registration fee ($100, payable to LHS PTSO. Check your fall registration receipt to see if you've paid this amount already--if so, just send in the form to the senior grad party mail box in the main office. Questions? Want to help? Please contact TBA Partial scholarships are available on request, see your counselor.
Check out this SENIOR PRESENTATION for helpful information
If your graduation questions have not been answered in the information above or the Senior Presentation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org