Daily Bulletin & Naviance
NO LATE OPENING FOR LINCOLN HIGH SCHOOL
School will be held as a regular B day
October 24 Homecoming Game & Dance
October 29 Evening Conferences 5:10 - 8:30pm
This is a regular school B day
October 30 Conferences 8:15- 11:30am; 12:30-3:30pm; 5:00-7:30pm
No school in session for students
October 31 No School
November 10 Practice ACT 8:00am
8TH GRADE OPEN HOUSE COMING FEBRUARY 12TH!
Scheduled College Visits for LHS
Regular school day, classes are in session
5:00-8:30pm – Session 1 Parent/teacher conferences in teachers' classrooms
8:15-11:30am – Session 2 conferences in teachers’ classrooms
12:30-3:30pm – Session 3
conferences in teachers’ classrooms
5:00-7:30pm – Session 4 conferences in teachers' classrooms
No school for students or
Helpful conference information:
· Know the name of your student's teachers. There will be no preprinted schedules.
· Click on the link to find out which sessions the teachers are available. Session Grid
· Each of the four sessions will have sign-up sheets specific to that session. There are no prescheduled conferences.
· We encourage parents to prioritize conference sessions. Due to limited time and space you will not be able to conference with each teacher.
· Questions? Contact Cameron Neal, Curriculum Vice Principal at email@example.com
Tips to make the most of parent/teacher conferences:http://www.pps.k12.or.us/css/images/Parent-Teacher-Conference-Tips-English.pdf
Come cheer on your Lincoln Cardinal Football team as they take on Jefferson High School and with the Homecoming Dance immediately following the game on Friday October 24, 2014.
Game time: 6pm
Dance time: 8:30 – 11:00 (all students must enter before 9:30)
Dance Location: Lincoln Gymnasium
Ticket Price: $15 (includes admission to the game and dance)
Sneakers and ballet flats only no high heels in the gym please! No outside guests
Students must adhere to dress code or they will not be admitted to the game or dance.
Tickets will be on sale from Tuesday, October 21 – Friday, October 24 during lunch and after school.
Monday Tacky Tourist Day
Tuesday Throwback Tuesday
Wednesday Duo Day
Thursday Color Wars
Friday Cardinal Day
Allie Field aka Tacky Tourist
PARENTS STAY CONNECTED....
How do I login to the ParentVUE/StudentVUE mobile app?
To login to the free ParentVUE/StudentVUE mobile app, download the ParentVUE application if you a parent or the StudentVUE application if you are a student. When prompted to enter the district URL, enter https://parent.cascadetech.org/pps1j/. Then login with your username and password
Lincoln's Parent Teacher Student Organization is sponsoring a
practice ACT test on Monday, November 10th, beginning at 8:00 am in the
cafeteria. The fee is $20 and scholarships are available. This is a
practice ACT test that is proctored by Kaplan. Kaplan
will email the results to the email provided by the student. Please go to
the PTSO page on the Lincoln website for further information and the link for
the registration form. Questions? Please email Jeri Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· If a student arrives after the tardy bell has rung they are marked tardy. Students more than 15 minutes late are considered absent.
· 3 unexcused tardies will result in detention (assigned by the teacher).
· Failure to serve detention may result in in-school suspension or Saturday school.
· Excessive absences will result in phone calls home, parent conferences, attendance referrals, in-school suspension and/or Saturday school.
· Students must bring a parent/guardian signed note excusing legitimate absences and tardies to the attendance clerk in Room 104. The deadline for acceptance of written excuses is three days after the last day of the absence.
· If an absence is excused, students are expected to make up assignments missed as a result of the absence. Be aware and acceptance of assignments missed as a result of an unexcused absence.
Message from the Principal
Dear Current and Prospective Lincoln Families,
Welcome to Lincoln High School! We’re proud to be one of the top 100 college prep International Baccalaureate (IB) high schools in the United States with thriving, Fine and Performing Arts, STEM, Business, Culinary Arts, International Studies and Spanish Immersion programs. In addition to Spanish, Mandarin, French, and German, Lincoln is excited to be one of a handful of schools in the nation to offer Arabic to high school students.
Our students are actively involved inquirers who think critically about the world in which they live. In addition, Lincoln students regularly participate in highly competitive 6A athletics, a host of club sports from Water Polo to Sailing and Lacrosse, and are involved in a variety of engaging and meaningful extra-curricular activities and community service projects here and abroad. Our community is one in which “parents and neighbors are welcome partners”. Parent volunteerism at Lincoln is unparralled.
Above all else, at Lincoln it is “cool to be smart.” We are fortunate to be able to offer a rigorous core academic program and our expectation is that students are supported to explore, play, and discover their passions to build the skills they need to gain confidence and feel success. The Lincoln community then works collaboratively to provide opportunities to connect student interests and skills to the world around them to create purpose and meaning. Lincoln values the whole child, providing academic advising and college counseling as well as evidenced based social-emotional, special education, ELL, and mental health supports as needed.
Finally, Lincoln consistently earns top ratings for academic achievement, attendance and high graduation rates. Lincoln students regularly meet and exceed international benchmarks on IB exams as well as state tests. Lincoln is proud to support and produce amazing graduates who go on to pursue a wide variety of exciting opportunities. As Principal I am honored to serve the Lincoln community. Please contact me at email@example.com if I can be of any assistance to you or your family. Come join the Cardinal “Flock" and explore some of our student and alum successes at www.lincolnflock.org. We encourage you and your student to join our inclusive community.
With Warm Regards,