Contact the James John SUN School coordinator: George Caceres
Telephone: 503-916-6266 ext: 70835
To improve the lives of children, their families and the community through partnering with local school communities to extend the school day and develop schools as "community centers" in their neighborhoods.
James John SUN School acts as a "hub" of the community to create a network of recreation and enrichment programming, health and social services, parent and adult education, cultural events and a quality education for students in a comprehensive and collaborative way.
- Student achievement, attendance, behavior and other skills for healthy development and academic success.
- Family involvement
- Community and business involvement
- System of collaboration
- Use of public facilities and services
Classes for Parents:
- English as a second language for Spanish and Hmong speakers
- Basic car mechanics
- How to make a spending plan
- Exercise and Nutrition
Classes for Students at James John:
- Before School: gymnastics, basketball, board games, reading club.
- After School: music lessons, tennis, fencing, basketball, soccer, cooking, choir, writing club, homework club, reading tutoring, band, golf, art, science, gardening, chess, drama.