Parents are encouraged to contact the school whenever there is a concern about their child or their child’s education. The Jackson Staff will return phone calls and respond to email (staff email addresses are listed in the Jackson directory, the Jackson School web page, or Jackson PTA web page).
There are many ways for parents to stay connected with what is happening at Jackson:
- The Jackson Journal (school newsletter) is delivered via email throughout the school year, it is also posted to this web page monthly. It includes a lettter from the Principal, the school calendar and information on school activities.
- Parent Updates are sent each Friday via email with a note from the Principal and other important pieces of information.
- Classroom teachers send home communication directly to families on a regular basis. Contact the teacher if you are not receiving this information.
- The Student "Friday News" is read to all students on Friday morning in their REG classes.
- The Jackson web page is updated on a regular basis. The monthly newsletters, up to date school calendar, staff communication information are available on the web page.
- The Site Council meets the 2nd Monday of every month at 4:00 pm in the community room.
- Voice Mail to report absent students or for non-emergency messages (503-916-6205)
- Principal or Assistant Principal for bus/transportation, behavioral or discipline questions.
- Counselor (Barbara Mutnick) for consultation regarding academic, emotional or behavioral concerns, and referrals for private or community services.
- Teachers for academic, classroom, or curriculum questions.
- Assistant Principal (Greg Crabtree) for any scheduling or placement issue.
- Principal (John Ferraro) regarding any of the above or anything else.
4 times a year report cards are mailed home. In addition, midway through the grading period notices are mailed to the parents of any student who has a D or below in any class. Parent—teacher conferences are held in November.