School News & Announcements
Here is a link to the article describing how three Irvington students got 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place at a recent tournament:
Congratulations! Irvington is so proud of you!
-Music Assembly, 9:30 a.m., Gym
-Irvington Community Association, 7-9 p.m., Library
-President's Day- NO SCHOOL
-SCRIP/Coffee Orders Due
-LATE OPENING, School starts at 10:30 a.m.
-Families of Black and Brown Students, 6:00-8 p.m., Library
-Principal's Coffee: Irvington Winter Progress Monitoring Results
3/13- Irvington Auction, 5:30 p.m., Oregon Convention Center
3/18- Late Opening, School starts at 10:30 a.m.
3/23-27- Spring Break
Please bring BoxTops to the main office! Funds from last year helped to pay for new playground balls for all classrooms.
Irvington Principal Announcement
We have a special event this Sunday I'd like to encourage everyone to attend, even if only for part of the event. Bugs, Bytes and Beakers was a parent led effort to show students how much fun science can be. This event, filled with free shows and tables with exciting activities, certainly fits the bill. In addition, I know there are a few students with related Learning in Depth topics that will benefit by attending!
A number of parents have asked for more information on the upcoming Smarter Balanced Assessment. I will be doing a parent workshop on the evening of Monday, 2/9 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in the Computer Lab. Here are some additional facts:
- Testing runs from March 10- June 3
- No student will be testing for more than thirty minutes to one hour per day based on teacher recommendation regarding age appropriateness
- Students are allowed movement breaks during testing
- Students have as much time as they need to complete testing
- Testing results will not affect student grades. Grades are determined by summative and formative assessments given by classroom teachers.