KAISER PERMANENTE will be providing free sealants, fluoride varnishes, and vaccinations for uninsured and underinsured children in partnership with the American Dental Association. Look for a flyer to be sent home (Thursday) or click on this link to get all the locations, details and instructions: GIVE KIDS A SMILE The date is February 7, 2015. The times are 8 A.M. to 1 P.M. Children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. First come, first served.
Immunization: (Exclusion Day is February 18, 2015)
Click on a link to find more information . . .
January 30, 2015
Playworks Girls' Basketball Schedule:
Thursdays @ Peninsula Park CC - 700 N Rosa Parks Way
1/15/2015 Grout & Chief/Ockley (7:15)
1/22/2015 Grout & Beach (7:15)
1/29/2015 Grout & Cesar Chavez (6:15)
With cold and flu season upon us, here's some advice from our nurse:
STUDENTS MUST STAY HOME OR BE SENT HOME FOR:
- DIARRHEA- Onset of loose stools THEN STAY HOME until gone for 24 hours
- VOMITING - Even ONE episode of vomiting THEN STAY HOME until gone for 24 hours.
- FEVER - Temperature is above 100.4 THEN STAY HOME until fever is 100.4 or below for 24 hours WITHOUT the use of fever-reducing medication (Examples: Tylenol, Acetaminophen, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aspirin)
- RASH, SORES, WOUNDS - If not diagnosed by a provider and given permission to be at school THEN STAY HOME if draining and can not be covered with a bandage OR increasing in size or new ones developing day-to-day.
You can help D.A. Grout Elementary Parent Teacher Association earn donations just by shopping with your Fred Meyer Rewards Card!*
If you shop at Fred Meyer, please consider linking your current Fred Meyer rewards card to our PTA to support activities and students at Grout. Ask you family and friends to do the same!
Start here: www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards and look up our number *93763*.
Fred Meyer donates $2.5 million per year to non-profits in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington, based on where their customers tell them to give. If you or someone you know loves Grout, this is a super easy way to contribute!
The PTA uses money from our fundraisers to support the following things that are part of what make Grout great:
participation at Camp Kiwanilong, class field trips, teacher appreciation/teacher wish-list donations, support for the drama program, maintaining the outdoor rain garden and vegetable garden supplies, and a variety of school beautification projects (glass art in the entry way, tile mural on the back wall, development and installation of the garden, rain garden, and track, and a new project that will replace the current rain garden downspouts with metal sculpture pieces representing bridges on the Willamette River).
Here’s more information on how the Community rewards program works:
- Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to benefit D.A. Grout Elementary PTA at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. You can search for us by our name or by our non-profit number (93763).
- Every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping our school by earning a donation to the Grout Elementary PTA - based on a percentage of your purchases that is set by Fred Meyer.
- You still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates, just as you do today.
- If you do not have a Rewards Card, and would be interested in getting one, cards are available at the Customer Service desk of any Fred Meyer store.
- For more information about this program, please visit www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards.
PPS Get the News!
School Emergency? Bad Weather? Get the News!
Automated Phone Call: PPS calls the PRIMARY phone number on your student's registration form in case of an emergency or a weather-related closure or delay. Report any phone number changes to your school secretary. Calls are made in English and supported languages.
Other pathways (Primarily in English): View the "alert pod" on www.pps.net and all school websites; like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/pps.homepage); follow us on Twitter @ppsconnect; text @portlandschools to 23559 to sign up for Celly text messages, or tune into local news.
Ms. Wolfsong's page has some links and explanations on how to find out if the school is closed or not: "Where to Check for School Closures."
Students have access to a number of educational websites during the school year through Ms. Wolfsong’s Portaportal. Go to Portaportal.com and sign in as a guest using the name “wolfsong”. Students can use these great free sites for extra games, learning, and practice. Ms. Wolfsong also has a blog: http://groutcomputerlab.blogspot.com/ There are pages for ebooks and other items, friendly and fun educational ideas, reminders and assignments, strategy games and puzzles.