Robert Gray Theater
"The Fearsome Pirate Frank"
|Fall Play: Performance, RGMS Staff Preview||Thursday||12/3/2015||5:00 PM||7:00 PM|
|Fall Play: Performance, Opening Night||Friday||12/4/2015||7:00 PM||9:00 PM|
|Fall Play: Performance, First Weekend||Saturday||12/5/2015||7:00 PM||9:00 PM|
|Fall Play: Performance, Second Weekend||Friday||12/11/2015||7:00 PM||9:00 PM|
|Fall Play: Performance, Second Weekend||Saturday||12/12/2015||7:00 PM||9:00 PM|
|Fall Play: Performance, Closing Show||Sunday||12/13/2015||2:00 PM||4:00 PM|
TICKETS: To reserve the best seats in the house complete the Premium Ticket Form. All reserved tickets are $15 each. The completed form and payment must be received by December 2nd in order to secure your seats. Forms can be turned into the drama box in the office. Please make checks payable to RGMS PTA. General Admission tickets will be on sale at the door each evening. General Admission tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students. Come watch a great show and support RGMS theater!
We have IMMEDIATE OPENINGS for:
· Lunch recycling program support
· We also need a leader for our famous Multicultural Fair, the biggest event of the school year held each Spring. An awesome way to really become a part of and make a difference in the RGMS community.
Please go to - http://vols.pt/BQrN47 to find out more about these opportunities or sign up! Send it to the grandparents, get them signed up, too J
Fred Meyer Rewards for Music
Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to the RGMS Music Department at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. Search for us by name or our non-profit number 89230. Then, every time you use your card, RGMS music earns a donation. It doesn't affect your other Fred Meyer Rewards Card benefits and we make money!
How to Get Help
Whom to Call: See this chart to know how to get help directly.
ACADEMICS: There are many ways to help your child keep up with school and homework.
- Week at a Glance: Many teachers post their weekly or monthly calendars on the RGMS website.
- ParentVue & Student Vue: Students' grades are posted on Synergy and can be seen by using ParentVue and StudentVue. Please keep in mind that when using an online grading system, it may take a while for you to see the grades.
- Daily Planner: Each student has a daily planner which has calendar spaces for all assignments. In addition, the Bookmark pages are used to track daily reading at home.
- Binder or Accordion File: Helping students sort and organize their binders or accordion file is invaluable. Please help them recycle papers not needed, locate homework, and organize work to be turned in (then check that it did get turned in.)
- Locker: Feel free to check in at the main office and then go to your child's locker with him or her to look for missing work. If a locker change is needed, contact Mrs. Madison, principal. Changing locker location or partner can help.
- Texting & Timers: Teach your student to set the timer on their phone to remind them to show up for things like test retakes at lunch. Texting them with reminders can help, too.
- Online Textbooks: The science textbooks are online and easy to use at home. See the teachers' webpages for information.
- Contact the Teacher: Emails addresses are located on the RGMS website. Phone contact is through the main office, 503-916-5676. Going directly to the source is often the best route.
SOCIAL/EMOTIONAL: We are here to help young people grow!
- Talk to Your Child: Make time each day to talk to your child about things going well and problems they may experience.
- Learn about Young Adolescence: This fascinating and perplexing stage of life has been researched and there are many excellent publications out there that can help you understand and accept your child's struggles.
- Interact with Peers: Keeping your child busy can help them make friends and mature well. RGMS has an excellent SUN Community School with numerous extended-day activities.
- Exercise: Vigorous physical activity and time spent outside are super helpful for teens.
- Get Counseling: Our school guidance counselor, Ms. Hyde, and our assistant principal, Mr. Jeans, are excellent sources for seeking help at school.