Fall On-Site Registration
Please come to the RGMS fall registration event if you can!
Wednesday, August 20, Noon-7:00 PM
Thursday, August 21, 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- After August 21, please come to the main office between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM to complete the processes and get everything.
- We will be closed on Friday, August 29.
- School starts for Grade 6 on Tuesday, September 2 and for Grades 7 & 8 on Wednesday, September 3.
- If you ordered the school supply pack at www.epipacks.com, they will be available for pick up at registration and then in the office after that time. The site is closed for ordering now.
- Some EPI school supply packs will be available for purchase at registration
- If you didn't get an EPI pack, you can download the school supply list and go shopping.
First Aid Packs:
We will be selling portable first aid kits at on-site registration! The Right Response® kits come in many different styles and are great for home, car, office or to send to school with your child to be put in the classroom evacuation bucket for the year.
How to Get Help
Whom to Call: See this chart to know how to get help directly.
ACADEMICS: There are many ways to help your child keep up with school and homework.
- Week at a Glance: Many teachers post their weekly or monthly calendars on the RGMS website.
- ParentVue & Student Vue: Students' grades are posted on Synergy and can be seen by using ParentVue and StudentVue. Please keep in mind that when using an online grading system, it may take a while for you to see the grades.
- Daily Planner: Each student has a daily planner which has calendar spaces for all assignments. In addition, the Bookmark pages are used to track daily reading at home.
- Binder or Accordion File: Helping students sort and organize their binders or accordion file is invaluable. Please help them recycle papers not needed, locate homework, and organize work to be turned in (then check that it did get turned in.)
- Locker: Feel free to check in at the main office and then go to your child's locker with him or her to look for missing work. If a locker change is needed, contact Mrs. Madison, principal. Changing locker location or partner can help.
- Texting & Timers: Teach your student to set the timer on their phone to remind them to show up for things like test retakes at lunch. Texting them with reminders can help, too.
- Online Textbooks: The science textbooks are online and easy to use at home. See the teachers' webpages for information.
- Contact the Teacher: Emails addresses are located on the RGMS website. Phone contact is through the main office, 503-916-5676. Going directly to the source is often the best route.
SOCIAL/EMOTIONAL: We are here to help young people grow!
- Talk to Your Child: Make time each day to talk to your child about things going well and problems they may experience.
- Learn about Young Adolescence: This fascinating and perplexing stage of life has been researched and there are many excellent publications out there that can help you understand and accept your child's struggles.
- Interact with Peers: Keeping your child busy can help them make friends and mature well. RGMS has an excellent SUN Community School with numerous extended-day activities.
- Exercise: Vigorous physical activity and time spent outside are super helpful for teens.
- Get Counseling: Our school guidance counselor, Ms. Hyde, and our assistant principal, Mr. Jeans, are excellent sources for seeking help at school.
SCHOOL CHOICE: The transfer window has closed. Only hardship transfers can be considered now. Contact the PPS Enrollment and Transfer Office at 503-916-3205 for more information.
for generaly information, Check out our What Parents & Students Want to Know About RGMS flyer. It has lots of frequently asked questions and information for parents and students.
Our RGMS Course Information flyer has specific information about core and elective classes.