MAKE UP WORK. for French 1-2.
Every time you are not in class to participate in the activities, you are not learning or practicing the material and you lose participation points.
Each day you will get either 5 or 10 automatic points for doing all the activities and will lose a minimum of 2 points if you come to class late.
You need to make up the missed work. To do so, use the online resources below and look at the calendar posted onto the corkboard in order to see what homework has been assigned.
You can choose to do one of the following:
- Go to www.classzone.com
- Select: World Language, high school and Oregon
- Find your textbook: Discovering French Bleu
- Click on “online review” flashcards for the lesson we just finished or are currently working on and study these. Make sure to have the volume high enough so you can hear the words.
- Then, go to online workbook and select a lesson to work on as well as a level (basic, average or challenge). Take the lesson quiz and submit it for grading. Print your answers and test scores and turn them in to Mme Pallier. These will make up for one absence.
You can also select “lecture” and take the lecture quiz. Submit for grading.
- Go to www.conjuguemos.com
- Sign in using the username you have been given (first initial + last name. Ex: Christine Pallier is cpallier) and your password: “bonjour”.
- Click on “French vocabulary by book”, under the “Activities” title in the left column, and scroll down to find your book: Discovering French Bleu (starting #193)
- Select lesson we have just finished studying or the one we are currently working on.
- Click on “graded activity: vocabulary practice” and do 10 minutes of that. Print your score and e-mail to your teacher. It is your responsibility to make sure your teacher received the work.
- Choose one of the games to play such as crossword puzzle, hangman or memory and play it for 10 minutes. Again, print your score and e-mail to your teacher by clicking “send”.
If you do not have access to the internet, please talk to your teacher. We will find another way to make up the work.
Make up work for French 7-10 and PSU.
For every day that you miss class, you need to do the following:
1. Find an article from one of the websites below. Make sure it is neither too short, nor too long (no longer than 2 pages).
2. Make a vocabulary list of difficult words (5 to 10) and their meaning in English.
3. Write a short summary (10-20 sentences) in French that will show you actually understand the article.
4. Form an "essential" (basic) question about the article in order to talk to your classmates about it.
5. Be ready to present the article orally to the class or to the teacher.
6. Turn in a copy of the article along with your work.
Here are a few websites you can use to find articles: