Thanks to the Fred Meyer Community Rewards program and the 114 Grant households who have signed up, the PTA just received a donation of $877.95 from your shopping from October through December! This brings the total donation this year to $2,690. Thank you Fred Meyer and thank you Grant community! If you are not currently participating, click here for more information about the program.
There are many wonderful local businesses that a partnering with the Grant PTA to provide great services and help us raise money for our kids. Click here to see current offerings from Fred Meyer, Eb & Bean, Local Farmers Delivery, Pizzicato, and Pastini's. Have a great outing and help our kids at the same time!
PTA Meeting Information
Everybody is welcome to join us at any meeting (though only members can vote -- click here if you'd like to become a member online or check below for a form to print out and send in).
[Note that all files below are in PDF format unless otherwise indicated.]
|9/9||6:30||Library||Minutes||June Meeting Minutes (approved)
2014-2015 PTA Budget (approved)
Standing Rules (approved)
* (Note 3rd Tuesday due to holiday)
|* 6/2||6:30||Library||* (Note 1st Tuesday due to graduation)|
PTA Book Sale
This annual event benefits our school library and is the ONLY funding they receive for books. This year we raised over $2,700 -- and that was with only 1-1/2 days, a whole day less than last year.
Since this is an annual even, we are gathering book donations for sale at next year's Book Sale. If you have books to donate, you can drop them off in the library or contact Jo or Jennifer and we'll be happy to pick them up. Any gently used books are appreciated, but please no magazines, textbooks or out-of-date reference books. We also happily accept DVDs, CDs and audiobooks.
We are also looking for new leadership for the book sale, as Jo and Jennifer are both moving on. This is a fun job with small bursts of work throughout the year and a couple of days of immersion in the sale. If you love books, this is a great way to help Grant! Please contact us if you are interested or know somebody who might be.
If you have ideas, books, or other suggestions, please contact Jo or Jennifer.
Jo at 503-284-6642 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
Jennifer at 503-335-0357 (email@example.com).
100% of the proceeds from this annual event support the Grant library.
Shop WIth Scrip
Remember the scrip programs from elementary and middle school? They worked because you were at the school often and could order and pick-up your scrip on site. That doesn't happen in high school. Here's an alternative that may work for you.
Grant HS is now a member of Shopwithscrip.com. Once you register and set up a "Prestopay" account you can print your own gift card vouchers at home with "ScripNow" and Grant HS will earn a percentage of your gift card voucher. You still get to spend the entire amount purchased. These vouchers can be used online and in stores and you can even send one electronically as a gift.
Earn $$$ for Grant effortlessly with eScrip
It’s easy to sign up! Here’s how…
- Go to www.escrip.com.
- Click on Sign Up.
- Search for our group by name, Grant High School, or use our group number, 8562824
- Sign up your Safeway card and/or debit/credit cards.
eScrip really is the 'gift that keeps on giving'. We earned $2,000 from this last year, but look at the dates that people first enrolled (below). Most of our participating is a long tail from 2004-2007...probably the last time we actively promoted.
|Year||How Many Supporters|
PTA Fundraising Opportunities
With your help and patronage, local businesses will benefit, and they will be donating to Grant. This program is constantly changing, so check back here again for new opportunities. Please support our local businesses and thank them for donating to Grant. (If you happen to know of a business that might be interested in donating to Grant PTA, please let Sharon Wynde know).
- Fred Meyer. The Fred Meyer Community Rewards program is donating $2.5 million per year to non-profits in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington, based on where their customers tell them to give. All you need to do is link your Fred Meyer Reward Card to Grant HS PTA at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. You can search for us by name or by our non-profit number 86178. And, you will still get your full benefit from the rewards program -- this just provides additional benefits for our kids! We only started with this program at the end of last year, and yet we have already been rewarded with $1,812! Keep up the good work!
- Local Farmers Delivery is working with Grant High School PTA to raise money for the school. They are offering free home delivery of milk, bread, eggs, juice, coffee, and more. There is no contract and no delivery charge. It's all about local products, local schools, and creating jobs in the local community. If you decide to try the free service, Local Farmers Delivery will donate $25 in your name to Grant PTA (select Grant High School from the dropdown at the bottom of the form). Just click the link below and fill out the simple form with your contact info, and someone from Local Farmers Delivery will be in touch to answer any questions you might have, and help set up your first delivery. https://localfarmersdelivery.wufoo.com/forms/local-farmers-delivery/
- The Pastini Pasta-Thon was on! On December 15th & 16th, Pastini's on Broadway & 15th hosted a Grant fundraiser. Pastini's donated 50% of their net proceeds to the Grant High School PTA.
- Pizzicato Dough for Dollars. On Tuesday, October 21st, Pizzicato at the 4217 NE Fremont location sponsored a Grant fundraising night. Together we raised $601 for the Grant PTA! Thank you!
- Eb & Bean, locally owned frozen yogurt shop located at 1425 NE Broadway, held a fundraiser for Grant PTA on Tuesday, 10/7. They generously donated 20% of our purchases to Grant. Eb & Bean serves the finest local, organic dairy, paired with awesome, artisanal toppings, all in a probiotic-rich package. Together we raised $226! Thank you!
PTA Clothing Closet
WANTED: Gently Used Clothing, Shoes, and Accessories!
As the new school year begins, many of you are cleaning out closets. Please consider donating to the PTA Clothing Center. Your donations will be given directly to PPS families in need, K-12 grades. You can receive a tax receipt for your donations.
Also, mark your calendars now for Dec. 11, Thursday 10:00-1:00 (stay a few hours or for the duration). Grant HS volunteers will help at the center by sorting clothes, restocking shelves/racks, and assisting families as they choose clothes. For more information about volunteering, please click here.
The PTA Clothing Center is located at:
Marshall High School
3905 SE 91st street
(cross streets are SE 92nd and Powell)
Portland OR 97266
- Join the Grant PTA online (via Oregon PTA website)
- Classroom Grant Proposal form [PDF]
- Membership Form (2014-2015) [PDF]
- Volunteer Form (2011-2012) [PDF]
- Individual Volunteer Criminal History Verification Click on Link, find Form 581-2282 (Application to Volunteer) and select the correct language.
PTA Money Matters
Last Year's PTA Fundraisers
PTA Fundraising Activities from 2012-2013
- Laurelwood Public House. On February 5th, Laurelwood Public House at 5115 NE Sandy hosted a Grant Day -- all day long. Besides being a fundraiser for the PTA, we connected families of next year's Freshmen with seasoned Grant parents to provide information about Grant from the parents' perspective.
- Pizzicato Dough for Dollars. On February 19th, once again, Pizzicato at the 4217 NE Fremont location sponsored a Grant fundraising night. (See flyer here.)
- The Pastini Pasta-Thon
iswas on! On December 3rd & 4th, the Pastini's on Broadway & 15th hosted a Grant night. Click here to see the flyer. Together we raised $420 for the Grant PTA. Thank you!!
- Grant Book Sale. With the hard work of many people, and generous donations and shoppers, we raised $3,000 for the Grant Library! Thank you all!!
- Pizzicato Dough for Dollars. In our first Pizzicato fundraiser this year, Grant received 20% of the day's sales on October 23rd from the 4217 NE Fremont location. We raised $575 for the PTA. Thank you!!