Through their Community Rewards program, Fred Meyer is donating $2.5 million per year to non-profits in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington, based on where their customers tell them to give.
PTA Meeting Information
Everybody is welcome to join us at any meeting (though only members can vote -- click here if you'd like to become a member online or check below for a form to print out and send in).
[Note that all files below are in PDF format unless otherwise indicated.]
Standing Rules (approved)
May Meeting Minutes (approved)
2013-2014 PTA Budget (approved)
Proposed 2014-2015 Budget
PTA Book Sale
The 2013 BOOK SALE is complete
Thanks to all who contributed books and time, and to all who bought books!
We raised nearly $3,000 to help the Grant library.
Believe it or not, we are gathering book donations for sale at next year's Book Sale. If you have books to donate, you can drop them off in the library or contact Jo or Jennifer and we'll be happy to pick them up.
If you have ideas, books, or other suggestions, please contact Jo or Jennifer.
Jo at 503-284-6642 (email@example.com) or
Jennifer at 503-335-0357 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
100% of the proceeds from this annual event support the Grant library.
Shop WIth Scrip
Remember the scrip programs from elementary and middle school? They worked because you were at the school often and could order and pick-up your scrip on site. That doesn't happen in high school. Here's an alternative that may work for you.
Grant HS is now a member of Shopwithscrip.com. Once you register and set up a "Prestopay" account you can print your own gift card vouchers at home with "ScripNow" and Grant HS will earn a percentage of your gift card voucher. You still get to spend the entire amount purchased. These vouchers can be used online and in stores and you can even send one electronically as a gift.
Earn $$$ for Grant effortlessly with eScrip
It’s easy to sign up! Here’s how…
- Go to www.escrip.com.
- Click on Sign Up.
- Search for our group by name, Grant High School, or use our group number, 8562824
- Sign up your Safeway card and/or debit/credit cards.
eScrip really is the 'gift that keeps on giving'. We earned $2,000 from this last year, but look at the dates that people first enrolled (below). Most of our participating is a long tail from 2004-2007...probably the last time we actively promoted.
|Year||How Many Supporters|
PTA Fundraising Opportunities
With your help and patronage, local businesses will benefit, and they will be donating to Grant. This program is constantly changing, so check back here again for new opportunities. Please support our local businesses and thank them for donating to Grant. (If you happen to know of a business that might be interested in donating to Grant PTA, please let Sharon Wynde know).
- Fred Meyer. The Fred Meyer Community Rewards program is donating $2.5 million per year to non-profits in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington, based on where their customers tell them to give. All you need to do is link your Fred Meyer Reward Card to Grant HS PTA at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. You can search for us by name or by our non-profit number 86178. And, you will still get your full benefit from the rewards program -- this just provides additional benefits for our kids! We only started with this program at the end of last year, and yet we have already been rewarded with $916! Keep up the good work!
- McMenamins Kennedy School. On Monday, May 19th, McMenamins Kennedy School hosted the Grant community with a great fundraiser -- McMenamins donated half of the revenue from all of their Kennedy School restaurants to the Grant PTA. Together we raised $3,283! Amazing! Thank you!.
- Pizzicato Dough for Dollars. On Tuesday, February 25th, Pizzicato at the 4217 NE Fremont location sponsored ANOTHER Grant fundraising night. Together we raised $542 for the Grant PTA, bringing Pizzicato's total donation for the year to $1,215! Thank you!
- Pizzicato Dough for Dollars. On Tuesday, October 22nd, Pizzicato at the 4217 NE Fremont location sponsored a Grant fundraising night. Together we raised $673 for the Grant PTA! Thank you!
- Grant PTA Book Sale. During parent conferences on November 25th & 26th, you, along with whole host of volunteers and customers, helped raise almost $3,000 for the Grant High School Library. Thanks so much!
- The Pastini Pasta-Thon was on! On December 2nd & 3rd, Pastini's on Broadway & 15th hosted a Grant fundraiser, donating $540 to the Grant PTA. Thank you!
PTA Clothing Closet
PTA Clothing Center Needs You!
The PTA Clothing Center has had over 1550 students. Typically, 35 kids shop on a given day, so volunteers are needed to help them select clothes. This is a wonderful, hands-on opportunity to contribute to our community.
The center is located at Marshall HS campus at 3905 SE 91st, Portland OR 97266
If you are interested, please contact me for more info.
Of greatest need right now: boys/ girls jeans size 4-12. Also cash donations to purchase new jeans, socks, and undies. 100% of the donation goes towards the purchase of these items.
This is a wonderful opportunity to have a direct, positive impact on our children in need. Thank you for giving!
For more information, please click here.
- Join the Grant PTA online (via Oregon PTA website)
- Classroom Grant Proposal form [PDF]
- Membership Form (2011-2012) [PDF]
- Volunteer Form (2011-2012) [PDF]
- Individual Volunteer Criminal History Verification Click on Link, find Form 581-2282 (Application to Volunteer) and select the correct language.
PTA Money Matters
Last Year's PTA Fundraisers
PTA Fundraising Activities from 2012-2013
- Laurelwood Public House. On February 5th, Laurelwood Public House at 5115 NE Sandy hosted a Grant Day -- all day long. Besides being a fundraiser for the PTA, we connected families of next year's Freshmen with seasoned Grant parents to provide information about Grant from the parents' perspective.
- Pizzicato Dough for Dollars. On February 19th, once again, Pizzicato at the 4217 NE Fremont location sponsored a Grant fundraising night. (See flyer here.)
- The Pastini Pasta-Thon
iswas on! On December 3rd & 4th, the Pastini's on Broadway & 15th hosted a Grant night. Click here to see the flyer. Together we raised $420 for the Grant PTA. Thank you!!
- Grant Book Sale. With the hard work of many people, and generous donations and shoppers, we raised $3,000 for the Grant Library! Thank you all!!
- Pizzicato Dough for Dollars. In our first Pizzicato fundraiser this year, Grant received 20% of the day's sales on October 23rd from the 4217 NE Fremont location. We raised $575 for the PTA. Thank you!!