at 6:30 in the Library
A brief welcome from Principal Orlen at 6:30
Program starts immediately afterward
PTA Business meeting follows the program (around 7:30)
This Month's Program:
No Special Program Planned
PTA Meeting Information
Everybody is welcome to join us at any meeting (though only members can vote -- click here if you'd like to become a member online or check below for a form to print out and send in).
[Note that all files below are in PDF format unless otherwise indicated.]
May Meeting Minutes
PTA Book Sale
The BOOK SALE is done!
We raised $3,000 for the Grant Library!!
Thank you to all of the volunteers so critical to making this event a success, and to all who donated the books that made this great result possible.
We will be doing this again next year, so if you have ideas, books, or other suggestions, please contact Jo or Jennifer.
Jo at 503-284-6642 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
Jennifer at 503-335-0357 (email@example.com).
100% of the proceeds from this annual event support the Grant library.
Earn $$$ for Grant effortlessly with eScrip
It’s easy to sign up! Here’s how…
- Go to www.escrip.com.
- Click on Sign Up.
- Search for our group by name, Grant High School, or use our group number, 8562824
- Sign up your Safeway card and/or debit/credit cards.
eScrip really is the 'gift that keeps on giving'. We earned $2,000 from this last year, but look at the dates that people first enrolled (below). Most of our participating is a long tail from 2004-2007...probably the last time we actively promoted.
|Year||How Many Supporters|
PTA Fundraising Opportunities
With your help and patronage, local businesses will benefit, and they will be donating to Grant. This program is constantly changing, so check back here again for new opportunities. Please support our local businesses and thank them for donating to Grant. (If you happen to know of a business that might be interested in donating to Grant PTA, please let Monique McClean know).
Laurelwood Public House. On February 5th, Laurelwood Public House at 5115 NE Sandy will be hosting a Grant Day -- all day long. Besides being a fundraiser for the PTA, we will also be connecting with families of next year's Freshmen with seasoned Grant parents around to provide information about Grant from the parents' perspective.
- Pizzicato Dough for Dollars. On February 19th, once again, Pizzicato at the 4217 NE Fremont location will be sponsoring a Grant fundraising night. Grant will receive a donation of 20% of the day's sales -- so have some great pizza and support Grant! (See flyer here.)
- The Pastini Pasta-Thon
iswas on! On December 3rd & 4th, the Pastini's on Broadway & 15th hosted a Grant night. Click here to see the flyer. Together we raised $420 for the Grant PTA. Thank you!!
- Grant Book Sale. With the hard work of many people, and generous donations and shoppers, we raised $3,000 for the Grant Library! Thank you all!!
- Pizzicato Dough for Dollars. In our first Pizzicato fundraiser this year, Grant received 20% of the day's sales on October 23rd from the 4217 NE Fremont location. We raised $575 for the PTA. Thank you!!
PTA Clothing Closet
PTA Clothing Center Request
We need your clothing donations!
CURRENT REQUEST: New Socks and Underwear, and gently used clothing items for school aged kids
The center is located at Marshall HS campus at 3905 SE 91st, Portland OR 97266 Center hours are 9:30-1:30.
Grant's next assigned day to volunteer is on MON APRIL 8, 10:00-1:00
Please join us for an hour or stay the duration! We will help families "shop" for clothes (which are free to them)
Want to help, but can't on April 8?
Please drop by the Center any TUES or THURS. They are always looking for more volunteers.
Check out the website or call Nancy Schaumberg
This is a wonderful opportunity to have a direct, positive impact on our children in need. Thank you for giving!
For more information, please click here.
- Join the Grant PTA online (via Oregon PTA website)
- Membership Form (2011-2012) [PDF]
- Volunteer Form (2011-2012) [PDF]
- Individual Volunteer Criminal History Verification Click on Link, find Form 581-2282 (Application to Volunteer) and select the correct language.
PTA Money Matters
Last Year's PTA Fundraisers
PTA Fundraising Activities from 2011-2012
- Pizzicato Dough for Dollars. In our third Pizzicato fundraiser in April, Grant received 20% of the day's sales from the 4217 NE Fremont location. We raised $840 for the PTA, bringing the total Pizzicato donation for 2011-2012 to $2,068. Thank you!!
- Whole Foods Market on 43rd and Sandy. On Thursday, January 12th Grant received 5% of the store's total sales for the day. As a result, Whole Foods Market donated $2,423.20 to the Grant PTA. Thank you!
- Skyline Burgers, 2200 NE Broadway, offered to donate 15% of their sales to Grant PTA for a Month of Mondays each Monday in December. This resulted in a donation of $442 to the Grant PTA. Thank you!
- Laurelwood Brew Pub, 5115 NE Sandy, donated 10% of all sales on Tuesday January 17th to the All Night Party, PTA, & Boosters. Thank you!
- McMenamins Kennedy School hosted a Grant PTA night on May 22nd. Grant PTA received a generous donation of $2,476. This was based on McMenamins Kennedy School donating 50% of sales of all restaurant food and beverage purchases from 5pm to closing. This turned out to be a great fund raiser! Thanks to all who came and made this a success, and a big thanks to McMenamins for their support!
- Broadway Import Auto Service donated $142 to the Grant PTA, thanks to those supporters who took the flyer in with their car repair. Thank you!