Courage in a Time of Fear
Join us on February 19th for a showing of "Courage in a time of Fear", a film discussing bullying that freshman and sophomore PE students are watching in class. The producer of the film, Katy O'Grady will give an introduction. Film will be followed by a counselor led discussion and short talk by our Portland Police resource officer, It will be shown at the Hollywood Theatre at 7pm, no admission charge but donations will be accepted. Capacity is limited to the first 110 people. We will also show some films made by Dr.Dreyer's Grant film making students.
PTA Meeting Information
Everybody is welcome to join us at any meeting (though only members can vote -- click here if you'd like to become a member online or check below for a form to print out and send in).
[Note that all files below are in PDF format unless otherwise indicated.]
Standing Rules (approved)
May Meeting Minutes (approved)
2013-2014 PTA Budget (approved)
PTA Book Sale
The 2013 BOOK SALE is complete
Thanks to all who contributed books and time, and to all who bought books!
We raised nearly $3,000 to help the Grant library.
Believe it or not, we are gathering book donations for sale at next year's Book Sale. If you have books to donate, you can drop them off in the library or contact Jo or Jennifer and we'll be happy to pick them up.
If you have ideas, books, or other suggestions, please contact Jo or Jennifer.
Jo at 503-284-6642 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
Jennifer at 503-335-0357 (email@example.com).
100% of the proceeds from this annual event support the Grant library.
Shop WIth Scrip
Remember the scrip programs from elementary and middle school? They worked because you were at the school often and could order and pick-up your scrip on site. That doesn't happen in high school. Here's an alternative that may work for you.
Grant HS is now a member of Shopwithscrip.com. Once you register and set up a "Prestopay" account you can print your own gift card vouchers at home with "ScripNow" and Grant HS will earn a percentage of your gift card voucher. You still get to spend the entire amount purchased. These vouchers can be used online and in stores and you can even send one electronically as a gift.
Earn $$$ for Grant effortlessly with eScrip
It’s easy to sign up! Here’s how…
- Go to www.escrip.com.
- Click on Sign Up.
- Search for our group by name, Grant High School, or use our group number, 8562824
- Sign up your Safeway card and/or debit/credit cards.
eScrip really is the 'gift that keeps on giving'. We earned $2,000 from this last year, but look at the dates that people first enrolled (below). Most of our participating is a long tail from 2004-2007...probably the last time we actively promoted.
|Year||How Many Supporters|
PTA Fundraising Opportunities
With your help and patronage, local businesses will benefit, and they will be donating to Grant. This program is constantly changing, so check back here again for new opportunities. Please support our local businesses and thank them for donating to Grant. (If you happen to know of a business that might be interested in donating to Grant PTA, please let Sharon Wynde know).
- Pizzicato Dough for Dollars. On Tuesday, February 25th, once again, Pizzicato at the 4217 NE Fremont location will graciously sponsor a Grant fundraising night. The donate 50% of their profits that day to the Grant PTA. Bring the whole family -- and send your friends. Eat-in or take-out -- it all helps.
- McMenamins Kennedy School. On Monday, May 19th, McMenamins Kennedy School will host the Grant community with a great fundraiser -- McMenamins will donate half of the revenue from all of their Kennedy School restaurants to the Grant PTA. This is a great fundraiser -- and a fun place to see all of your friends in our community.
- Pizzicato Dough for Dollars. On Tuesday, October 22nd, Pizzicato at the 4217 NE Fremont location sponsored a Grant fundraising night. Together we raised $673 for the Grant PTA! Thank you!
- Grant PTA Book Sale. During parent conferences on November 25th & 26th, you, along with whole host of volunteers and customers, helped raise almost $3,000 for the Grant High School Library. Thanks so much!
- The Pastini Pasta-Thon was on! On December 2nd & 3rd, Pastini's on Broadway & 15th hosted a Grant fundraiser, donating $540 to the Grant PTA. Thank you!
PTA Clothing Closet
PTA Clothing Center Request
We need your clothing donations!
CURRENT REQUEST: New Socks and Underwear, and gently used clothing items for school aged kids
The center is located at Marshall HS campus at 3905 SE 91st, Portland OR 97266 Center hours are 9:30-1:30.
Grant's assigned days to volunteer this year are December 12th and April 21st.
Please join us for an hour or stay the duration! We will help families "shop" for clothes (which are free to them)
Want to help, but can't on Grant's next day?
Please drop by the Center any TUES or THURS. They are always looking for more volunteers.
Check out the website or call Nancy Schaumberg
This is a wonderful opportunity to have a direct, positive impact on our children in need. Thank you for giving!
For more information, please click here.
- Join the Grant PTA online (via Oregon PTA website)
- Classroom Grant Proposal form [PDF]
- Membership Form (2011-2012) [PDF]
- Volunteer Form (2011-2012) [PDF]
- Individual Volunteer Criminal History Verification Click on Link, find Form 581-2282 (Application to Volunteer) and select the correct language.
PTA Money Matters
Last Year's PTA Fundraisers
PTA Fundraising Activities from 2012-2013
- Laurelwood Public House. On February 5th, Laurelwood Public House at 5115 NE Sandy hosted a Grant Day -- all day long. Besides being a fundraiser for the PTA, we connected families of next year's Freshmen with seasoned Grant parents to provide information about Grant from the parents' perspective.
- Pizzicato Dough for Dollars. On February 19th, once again, Pizzicato at the 4217 NE Fremont location sponsored a Grant fundraising night. (See flyer here.)
- The Pastini Pasta-Thon
iswas on! On December 3rd & 4th, the Pastini's on Broadway & 15th hosted a Grant night. Click here to see the flyer. Together we raised $420 for the Grant PTA. Thank you!!
- Grant Book Sale. With the hard work of many people, and generous donations and shoppers, we raised $3,000 for the Grant Library! Thank you all!!
- Pizzicato Dough for Dollars. In our first Pizzicato fundraiser this year, Grant received 20% of the day's sales on October 23rd from the 4217 NE Fremont location. We raised $575 for the PTA. Thank you!!