There are many wonderful local businesses that a partnering with the Grant PTA to provide great services and help us raise money for our kids. Click here to see current offerings from Fred Meyer, Eb & Bean, Pizzicato, and Pastini's. Have a great outing and help our kids at the same time!
PTA Meeting Information
Everybody is welcome to join us at any meeting (though only members can vote -- click here if you'd like to become a member online or check below for a form to print out and send in).
Meeting Information from the 2015-2016 School Year[Note that all files below are in PDF format unless otherwise indicated.]
|9/8||6:30||Library||Minutes||June Meeting Minutes (approved)
2015-2016 PTA Budget (approved)
Standing Rules (approved)
PTA Book Sale
Thank you for your participation!
This annual event benefits our school library and is the ONLY funding they receive for books. We are still working on this year's totals; last year we raised over $3,000!
100% of the proceeds from this annual event support the Grant library.
Shop WIth Scrip
Remember the scrip programs from elementary and middle school? They worked because you were at the school often and could order and pick-up your scrip on site. That doesn't happen in high school. Here's an alternative that may work for you.
Grant HS is now a member of Shopwithscrip.com. Once you register and set up a "Prestopay" account you can print your own gift card vouchers at home with "ScripNow" and Grant HS will earn a percentage of your gift card voucher. You still get to spend the entire amount purchased. These vouchers can be used online and in stores and you can even send one electronically as a gift.
Earn $$$ for Grant effortlessly with eScrip
It’s easy to sign up! Here’s how…
- Go to www.escrip.com.
- Click on Sign Up.
- Search for our group by name, Grant High School, or use our group number, 8562824
- Sign up your Safeway card and/or debit/credit cards.
eScrip really is the 'gift that keeps on giving'. We earned $2,000 from this last year, but look at the dates that people first enrolled (below). Most of our participating is a long tail from 2004-2007...probably the last time we actively promoted.
|Year||How Many Supporters|
PTA Fundraising Opportunities
With your help and patronage, local businesses will benefit, and they will be donating to Grant. This program is constantly changing, so check back here again for new opportunities. Please support our local businesses and thank them for donating to Grant. (If you happen to know of a business that might be interested in donating to Grant PTA, please let Sheli Bryan know).
- Fred Meyer. The Fred Meyer Community Rewards program is donating $2.5 million per year to non-profits in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington, based on where their customers tell them to give. All you need to do is link your Fred Meyer Reward Card to Grant HS PTA at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. You can search for us by name or by our non-profit number 86178. And, you will still get your full benefit from the rewards program -- this just provides additional benefits for our kids! We've already received $748.23 for this year. Last year we rewarded with a total of $4,331. Keep up the good work!
- Pizzicato Dough for Dollars. On Tuesday, October 27th, Pizzicato at the 4217 NE Fremont location sponsored ANOTHER successful Grant fundraising night. Returns are still coming in for the amount, but... Thank you!
- Pizzicato Dough for Dollars. On Tuesday, March 17th, Pizzicato at the 4217 NE Fremont location sponsored ANOTHER successful Grant fundraising night. Together we raised $603 for the Grant PTA! Thank you!
- The Pastini Pasta-Thon was on! On December 15th & 16th, Pastini's on Broadway & 15th hosted a Grant fundraiser. Pastini's donated 50% of their net proceeds to the Grant High School PTA.
- Pizzicato Dough for Dollars. On Tuesday, October 21st, Pizzicato at the 4217 NE Fremont location sponsored a Grant fundraising night. Together we raised $601 for the Grant PTA! Thank you!
- Eb & Bean, locally owned frozen yogurt shop located at 1425 NE Broadway, held a fundraiser for Grant PTA on Tuesday, 5/19 & Tuesday, 10/7. They generously donated 20% of our purchases to Grant. Eb & Bean serves the finest local, organic dairy, paired with awesome, artisanal toppings, all in a probiotic-rich package. Together we raised $226! Thank you!
PTA Clothing Center
WANTED: Gently Used Clothing, Shoes, and Accessories!
Please consider donating gently used clothing and shoes to the PTA Clothing Center where your donations will be given directly to PPS families in need; grades K-12. To receive a tax receipt for your donations, include in your bag a note with your name, address, and list of items for the receipt.
Until further notice, all bagged donations can be delivered directly to Grant High School and the school will send the clothes via the interoffice pony. Donations are not to be delivered to the loading dock at Marshall while Franklin is still settling in. All items must be in a plastic (garbage) bag or the pony will not be able to deliver to Marshall.
To make arrangements to volunteer or for questions about
donating, please contact:
The PTA Clothing Center is located at:
Marshall High School
3905 SE 91st street
(cross streets are SE 92nd and Powell)
Portland OR 97266
- Join the Grant PTA online (via Oregon PTA website)
- Classroom Grant Proposal form [PDF]
- Membership Form (2016-2017) [PDF]
- Volunteer Form (2011-2012) [PDF]
- Individual Volunteer Criminal History Verification Click on Link, find Form 581-2282 (Application to Volunteer) and select the correct language.
PTA Money Matters
Last Year's PTA Fundraisers
PTA Fundraising Activities from 2012-2013
- Laurelwood Public House. On February 5th, Laurelwood Public House at 5115 NE Sandy hosted a Grant Day -- all day long. Besides being a fundraiser for the PTA, we connected families of next year's Freshmen with seasoned Grant parents to provide information about Grant from the parents' perspective.
- Pizzicato Dough for Dollars. On February 19th, once again, Pizzicato at the 4217 NE Fremont location sponsored a Grant fundraising night. (See flyer here.)
- The Pastini Pasta-Thon
iswas on! On December 3rd & 4th, the Pastini's on Broadway & 15th hosted a Grant night. Click here to see the flyer. Together we raised $420 for the Grant PTA. Thank you!!
- Grant Book Sale. With the hard work of many people, and generous donations and shoppers, we raised $3,000 for the Grant Library! Thank you all!!
- Pizzicato Dough for Dollars. In our first Pizzicato fundraiser this year, Grant received 20% of the day's sales on October 23rd from the 4217 NE Fremont location. We raised $575 for the PTA. Thank you!!