TAG (Talented and Gifted Education)
Grant High School strives to meet the needs of all our students. TAG identified students and their parents are encouraged to work with our staff to seek out opportunities and challenges both in the classroom and in extracurricular activities to meet their individual needs. Teachers are trained to differentiate instruction and to find ways to motivate and engage TAG students to learn and grow at the level and pace that suits their interests and abilities in a given subject. All students have different needs and TAG students are no exception. Any time a student or parent feels that their child is not being challenged in a course they are encouraged to communicate with their instructors to find ways to meet their needs. Our counseling department is an excellent resource as well for students and families to support those conversations with teachers, but also to help seek out resources that may not be obvious to a student who is looking for a challenge or an outlet for their talents.
- TAG Identification forms
- What Grant Offers
- Acceleration options both at Grant and outside of PPS
- A copy of the current Grant TAG Plan (2013-2015)
- Articles and Information of interest for parents
Parents - Join the TAG Advisory Council
if you are interested in joining the TAG Advisory Council.
TAG Bulletin Board & Opportunities
Hello TAG Families:
Knowing how much our families value being informed about what's happening with the TAG program and having the chance to celebrate our TAG students, I have created a bi-monthly TAG newsletter that I will email to you during the school year.
I hope you enjoy it and I welcome your feedback.
Please click the appropriate link to view the newsletter in the preferred language. Thank you for your support of our TAG students.
Today’s News - NEWSLETTERS
College of Education presents:
Summer Enrichment Program (PDF)
Session 1: July 19-August 1
Session 2: August 9-22
We’re online at http://www.pps.k12.or.us/departments/tag
What Grant Offers
Please take a moment to review Grant High School's additional student services.
- Advanced Courses
- We offer a large array of advanced placement, language and arts courses.
- Football, Soccer, Track & Field, Lacrosse and much more.
- Clubs & Organizations
- Consitution Team, Robotics Club, Student Government, Magazine and more.
- College & Career Center
- Planning & Preparation services
- PTA, Foundation, Community Garden, Alumni & Site Council.
- TAG bulletin board
- Opportunities, Classes, Internships, Competitions and Clubs