Differentiation strategies implemented in our classrooms:
● Curriculum compacting
● Flexible grouping
● Higher level questioning
● Independent projects, acceleration through AP & Honors classes are also available.
● Tiered Instruction
● Using pre-assessments to inform instruction
To see which differentiation strategies specific teachers use to guide instruction go to their course syllabi.
Acceleration is determined in the following ways:
● Through parent, student, and counselor recommendations and expressed interest in advanced work
● If student is working above grade level in two or more academic subject areas
● If student can demonstrate proficiency on Pre and Post Assessments
Options for Acceleration
● Enrollment in both on & off (beyond age level peers) campus classes
● Honors (subject acceleration in classroom using advanced materials/curriculum)
● Online courses
Off Campus Acceleration Options:
Additional services available for TAG students:
Advanced Scholars Program
Constitutional Law Team
Mock Trial Program
Students that wish to access acceleration options can do so by talking with their counselor, teachers, and/or administrator.