- Questions to ask a college recruiter.
- Standard student budgets for Oregon postsecondary institutions
- What is WUE (Western Undergraduate Exchange)?
- WUE by State
- Recommended Reading regarding the College Search and completing Applications
- Saturday Academy can help students prepare for college admission; read more.
News Articles of Interest
- Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Williams cheaper than Cal State for middle income families
- US News & World Report "Great Schools, Great Prices" (pdf)
- US News & World Report "Crash Course in Preparedness" (pdf)
- US News & World Report "Breaking Hovering Habit" (pdf)
- US News & World Report "A Plus School for B Students" (pdf)
Did you know ...
You can earn college credit at FHS through certain high school courses; read more
There are many Academic Honors and Advanced Placement Offerings at FHS; read more
Financial Aid/Scholarship Info
OSAC (Oregon Student Access Commission)
Established in 1959 by the Oregon Legislature, OSAC continues to provide innovative programs to thousands of Oregon students and families to ensure access to postsecondary education. Each year, OSAC awards grants and scholarships of more than $118 million to thousands of Oregon students in their quest to achieve a college education. Students and families can find comprehensive information on OSAC's website on a range of topics including how to choose a college, how to fund a college education, and access a wealth of scholarship opportunities.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
SUN College Challenge for Franklin Seniors. Application due on Monday, April 15th.
DELL: Dell Scholars application opens on 11/1/2012. This is a program that looks beyond academic performance and grades. You don’t need the highest grades to apply. It rewards your determination to achieve great things through higher education, www.dellscholars.org.
INCIGHT: Going off to college? Have a disability? Let INCIGHT help you! INCIGHT provides scholarships for self-empowerment. www.incight.org, or 971.244.0305.
www.highfivescholarships.com is a scholarship search website that also offers ACT/SAT test prep.
NELA Center for Student Success: Finding and Applying for Scholarships and Grants here.
Colleges that do not give 'merit' awards
Listing of Colleges noting % of Need Met, and Expected Financial Aid