2012 13 Ninth Grade Counselor is Alice Headley.
Congratulations to the 2012-13 Freshmen Cabinet: Ella Beaver, Matthew Cardwell, Tess Carges, Sydney Packham, Molly Test, Leslie Van, and Sandra Vo!
Ninth Grade Nerves? You Can Help.....read more.
US News & World Report article
"Your To-Do List" to reach the college or university of your dreams!
10 Things A Freshman Should Know
- You will need to have your ID with you everyday. If an adults asks to see your ID, show it to them.
- Develop an organizational plan for our academic life (i.e. colored folders for each class, a binder with pockets for each class, a book into which you can write down homework). A Franklin planner will be provided by FHS.
- Lunch is short. At FHS, our lunch is open campus. Be responsible and don't get back late from lunch.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions. Find out right away where you go for essentials: nurse, counselor, etc. Your academy teachers can help you get any information you need.
- Get involved with class and school activities. We have many clubs at Franklin for you to join, and your class always needs your help. A club fair is scheduled in October.
- Always bring supplies and books.
- Bring a good, positive attitude daily!
- Take 9th grade seriously and do your homework. It is hard to catch up once you are behind. Remember, some tachers do not accept late work and many give penalties for turning in late work.
- Use your locker. Don't share your combination with anyone and don't put your things in others' lockers. Don't go to your locker between every class; pack books and notebooks for two or more classes at a time.
- Leave your electronic devices at home. If you must bring them, turn them off and do not use them at all during class.