State of the School - 2013-14
What Makes Forest Park Special
1) The amazing support the school receives in every category from families: homework, volunteering, financial support
2) Children arrive at school ready to learn
3) Dedicated staff
4) Strong sense of community
5) Enthusiastic, creative students that are eager to learn
|7:55 a.m.||First Bell|
|8:00 a.m.||Tardy Bell - Class Begins|
|10:45 a.m.||Half Day Kindergarten Dismissal|
|10:50 a.m. - 12:25 p.m.||K-5 Lunch/Recess is on a rotation|
|2:15 p.m.||Dismissal (K-5)|
Forest Park Program
Forest Park's Classroom Program: 2013-14
All children at Forest Park will be in a self-contained grade level classroom (no blends).
All children will work with the following specialists during their week:
- Technology with a teacher specializing in technology: Mr. Poujade
- Library with a Library Assistant: TBD
- PE with a PE specialist: Mr. Kurtz two times each week
- Music with a Music Specialist: Ms. Kim
Note: Forest Park is able to provide this well rounded program because of the funds raised through the Forest Park Foundation. Thank you to everyone that gives so generously to the Forest Park Foundation. It's all about the kids! Without the Foundation Forest Park would lose: some or all of the following positions: PE, Technology, Library, and Educational Assistants that work with K-5 teachers. Thank you Forest Park Parents .
In addition Forest Park children raised substantial funds through Run for the Arts last spring. Those funds are being used for artist in residents at each grade level and all-school assemblies that celebrate the arts, especially music.