Book Group Dates
Parents Lori Mendoza (p.m. core) & Maria Thomas (a.m. core) are our Book Group coordinators for 2010-2011.
Book group meetings are generally held on Thursdays and the dates and times are listed below. If you're interested in being part of these groups make sure you sign up at the beginning of the year or contact me and I will put you on the coordinators' list. I know Thursdays aren't always the best for everyone but traditionally they have been the one day of the week that I can hold groups without the schedule being terribly disrupted. Consistency is very important for these groups.
- A.M. Core Meetings Time: 8:30 to 9 a.m.
- P.M. Core Meeting Time: 12:30 to 1 p.m.
- First Trimester Dates: Our first novel will be S.E. Hinton's, The Outsiders
- Second Trimester Dates: TBA
- Third Trimester Dates: TBA
Important Information About Book Group Novels:
- Occasionally it is necessary for students to obtain their own copy of the book group novel. We at da Vinci do our very best to provide each student with the materials they may need, but with novels it is sometimes difficult. This is due to not owning enough copies, copies being lost, stolen or damaged, or sometimes another teacher is also using the novels, and we simply do not have enough to go around.
- Please do not feel like you always need to purchase the novel. Most books can be checked out from the Multnomah County Library, and many used copies of novels can be found at Powell's Books or other retailers that sell used books.
- If you are ever unable to get what your child needs, please let me know IMMEDIATELY. Do not delay telling me if you're having problems finding a novel. If I have ample notice, I can usually get a book for a student. The most important thing is that your child gets the materials they need to participate at school. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.