Our needs for the beginning of the school year:
- Index cards!! Multiple colors!! We need millions! We use them for making note cards for vocab and www.
- modern magazines to cut up for a social studies project about American culture
- Lined paper for classroom use
- hand-held pencil sharpeners
In Room 300 we can always use:
- School supplies such as paper (lined and printer), index cards, pencils, pens, scissors, glues sticks, colored pencils, rulers, and markers.
- Highlighters of all colors - yellow, blue, green, purple, orange, pink...
- Books! New or used young adult literature (or any level, really) for our borrowing library.
- Brita water filters! Students (and teacher) are snobs when it comes to water. Having a Brita pitcher in the room to filter the school's tap water keeps everyone hydrated!
- Educational board games (Apples to Apples, Pictionary, etc.) I have plenty of Scrabble games! Thank you!
- Recent Newspapers! The Oregonian is longer supplying schools with free papers. ANY newspaper (up to a week old) is welcome - Oregonian, New York Times, USA Today, etc.
- Your time! Lead a literature circle, help edit student writing in class, or share your expertise in your field!
I wish that all cats and dogs could exist in harmony like Hobbes and Barley.