Thank you for your interest in da Vinci Arts Middle School.
Please feel free to explore all aspects of our website to learn more about what we offer students.
As a special focus school, da Vinci Arts Middle School accepts applications from students who reside throughout the PPS school district. We seek to serve a culturally, ethnically and economically diverse group of arts-interested* learners in grades 6, 7 and 8. Our goal is to create a rich arts-filled learning environment for students, staff and families. Here's how to join us!
* Students need not be accomplished in the arts, but a strong interest is essential to success at da Vinci!
The application process for the 2016-17 school year will begin February 18th.
The deadline for completing the PPS Choice form is March 9th.
Application to da Vinci is a three step process:
1) Student applicants and parents are required to come to an Information Session at da Vinci.
(Yes, this includes siblings of past or current students, too!)
At the information sessions you will meet the principal and a few staff members, current students & parents. There will be a presentation, a Q & A portion and a tour.
2016 Information sessions:
* There will be one Open House on Tuesday, 2/23 starting at 4:00pm. This is an opportunity to visit classrooms and meet teachers. There will be parents and teachers available to answer questions. The information session on this date starts at 5:15pm.
2) Students and parents sign a da Vinci Statement of Understanding that outlines the unique aspects of our school. The da Vinci Statement of Understanding needs to be turned in at da Vinci. Please note we cannot accept faxed applications. Due at the school by March 9th at 5pm.
3) Fill out a Portland Public Schools School Choice form. The School Choice form needs to be turned in at the PPS Enrollment & Transfer Center (501 N Dixon) Deadline March 9th at 5pm.
We have 150 openings for incoming 6th graders and 5 slots for 7th graders. A lottery is drawn from all applicants that have completed this process by the deadline. The lottery is used for both admittance and wait list order. Wait lists are not held over from year to year. Students not accepted in the 6th grade MUST re-apply and follow all steps of the process, including attending another information session, if they are interested in entering the lottery the following year for any 7th grade openings.
Students wishing to enter da Vinci at 8th grade will need to contact the PPS Enrollment & Transfer Center about a Hardship Application; 503-916-3205.