School News & Announcements
Registering for Kindergarten in fall?
You may stop by the school office during office hours and pick up a registration packet. In order to plan our kindergarten staff we need to know about your plans to register as soon as possible. The office is open from 7:35am until 3:30pm. We're hoping to get almost all packets returned by June 1st!
IMPORTANT INFO AND DATESIce Cream Social (Class lists will be posted):
Thursday, August 28th, 3:00 to 4:00pm
On the north side of the school grounds
First Day of School:
1st through 5th Grade - Tuesday, September 2nd
Kindergarten - Friday, September 5th
Kinder assessments - Tues. - Thurs., September 2nd - 4th
(Parents of kinders will receive a notification in the mail indicating the scheduled assessment time. Parent and child will meet with the teacher for a 20 minute meeting.)
Back To School Night:
Thursday, September 11th, 6:30 - 8:00pm
Wednesday, September 17th - 2 hour late start (10:00am)
PTA General Meeting/Volunteer Training:
Friday, September 19th -
Meeting 8:30am, Volunteer Training 9:00am, Room 18 (upstairs)
Tuesday, September 23rd - K-2nd Grade
Wednesday, September 24th - 3rd-5th Grade
Swift Family Run:
Saturday, September 27th
Read the Latest Edition of the Student Newspaper!
Chapman Swift Current 2012-2013
BigTent - Online Family Group
All Chapman families are invited to join us on BigTent. The registration process is simple and secure. Since members input their own information, data is accurate and up-to-date. You will also get to choose how much of your information you wish to share with the group.
Those families who want to stay on top of the latest events at Chapman, sign up for volunteer opportunities, and be included in the printed family directory should become members. Sign up today at:
NOTE: So that no family is left out, hard copies of both the PTA Little Yellow Form and the Volunteer Registration Form are available in the main office. Volunteer Background Checks are now online at volunteer.pps.net
A Message from the Principal
Dear Visitors to Chapman’s Website,
Chapman is a very special place and I consider it a privilege to work with a talented staff, an involved parent community, and students who are eager and enthusiastic about learning. I have been a principal for a number of years, but continued to be amazed with the extraordinary accomplishments that occur daily at Chapman.
- Chapman children are enthusiastic and excited about learning. It is a thrill to observe our young learners working to become better readers, writers, mathematicians, scientists, artists, and musicians.
- Our teachers are top notch and hold very high expectations for student performance. Teachers challenge students who excel and provide support to ensure that all students are able to meet high performance standards.
- We have an army of parent and community volunteers who assist in classrooms, coordinate special events, and generally work as partners with us. In June of 2005, Chapman won national recognition, Parent Involvement Certification of Excellence.
- Our success is directly related to a strong partnership with parents who value education.
- Supportive parents, businesses, and the community provide a wide range of financial supports to Chapman. The PTA and Educational Foundation both raise significant funds that are used to purchase instructional supplies, equipment, and additional school staff.
As a neighborhood school, we strive to provide a balanced and well-rounded instructional program for our students. Chapman’s strong and rigorous academics are enhanced and supported by outstanding music, library, and physical education programs. Our focus is to educate the “whole child” in an environment that inspires a love of learning.
Scott Choate, Principal