School News & Announcements
Registering? Don't wait, come in now!
You may stop by the school office and pick up a registration packet, or download one below. We are open for registration Monday through Friday from 8 to 3.
Registrations require a minimum of 24 hours processing. If returned before 10 am, the child will begin classes the next day. If returned after 10 am, it will be the day after to allow for data entry, teacher notification and classroom setup.
Transportation: Student who live more than 1 mile away from Chapman (curb to curb) may be eligible to ride a bus. Click here for info. If you have other transportation questions, call 503-916-6901 for help.
November 21 - PTA General Meeting, 8:30 AM
November 27 - NO SCHOOL, Thanksgiving Holiday
November 28 - NO SCHOOL, Thanksgiving Holiday
December 9 - PTA Board Meeting, 6:30 PM
December 17 - LATE OPENING, 10 AM
December 22 - January 2 - NO SCHOOL, Winter Break
Questions about your child's lunch account? Email our lunch person at firstname.lastname@example.org,
or call / visit the school between 7:30am and 12:45pm.
Read the Last Edition of the Student Newspaper,
Chapman Swift Current 2012-2013
BigTent - Online Family Group
All Chapman families are invited to join us on BigTent. The registration process is simple and secure. Since members input their own information, data is accurate and up-to-date. You will also get to choose how much of your information you wish to share with the group.
Those families who want to stay on top of the latest events at Chapman, sign up for volunteer opportunities, and be included in the printed family directory should become members. Sign up today at:
NOTE: So that no family is left out, hard copies of both the PTA Little Yellow Form and the Volunteer Registration Form are available in the main office. Volunteer Background Checks are now online at volunteer.pps.net
A Message from the Principal
Dear Visitors to Chapman’s Website,
Chapman is a very special place and I consider it a privilege to work with a talented staff, an involved parent community, and students who are eager and enthusiastic about learning. I have been a principal for a number of years, but continued to be amazed with the extraordinary accomplishments that occur daily at Chapman.
- Chapman children are enthusiastic and excited about learning. It is a thrill to observe our young learners working to become better readers, writers, mathematicians, scientists, artists, and musicians.
- Our teachers are top notch and hold very high expectations for student performance. Teachers challenge students who excel and provide support to ensure that all students are able to meet high performance standards.
- We have an army of parent and community volunteers who assist in classrooms, coordinate special events, and generally work as partners with us. In June of 2005, Chapman won national recognition, Parent Involvement Certification of Excellence.
- Our success is directly related to a strong partnership with parents who value education.
- Supportive parents, businesses, and the community provide a wide range of financial supports to Chapman. The PTA and Educational Foundation both raise significant funds that are used to purchase instructional supplies, equipment, and additional school staff.
As a neighborhood school, we strive to provide a balanced and well-rounded instructional program for our students. Chapman’s strong and rigorous academics are enhanced and supported by outstanding music, library, and physical education programs. Our focus is to educate the “whole child” in an environment that inspires a love of learning.
Scott Choate, Principal