School News & Announcements
The Chapman School
4th and 5th Grade Classes present
Wednesday, June 5th 12:30pm: Community Performance
Thursday, June 6th 12:30pm: Student Body Performance
Thursday, June 6th 6:30pm: Family and Friends Performance
IMPORTANT INFO AND DATES
May 6th – Teacher Appreciation Week begins
May 6th – Site Council Meeting 2:30 pm
May 7th – Fall 2014 Kindergarten Information Meeting
May 15th – Late Opening (School begins at 10am)
May 17th – PTA General Meeting 8:30am
May 27th – Memorial Day (NO SCHOOL)
June 4th - Volunteer Appreciation Tea
June 5th - Suessical 12:30pm: Community
June 6th - Suessical 12:30pm: Student Body
June 6th - Suessical 6:30pm: Family and Friends
June 13th - Field Day
June 14th - Last Day of School
Read the Latest Edition of the Student Newspaper!
Chapman Swift Current 2012-2013
BigTent - Online Family Group
All Chapman families are invited to join us on BigTent. The registration process is simple and secure. Since members input their own information, data is accurate and up-to-date. You will also get to choose how much of your information you wish to share with the group.
Those families who want to stay on top of the latest events at Chapman, sign up for volunteer opportunities, and be included in the printed family directory should become members. Sign up today at:
NOTE: So that no family is left out, hard copies of both the PTA Little Yellow Form and the Volunteer Registration Form are available in the main office.
Click here for School Supply Lists
(will be posted as available)
Fall Kindergarten Registration
begins February 12, 2013!
Download forms here or pick up a registration packet in the school's main office.
*Kindergartners MUST be five on or before September 1st of the enrolling year. We need a kindergarten registration packet that has been completed and returned; a copy of the child's birth certificate, passport, or hospital certificate; a copy of the Oregon Immunization card, and two items proving residency in our area (rental agreement, real estate closing, utility bill, etc.)
If you already have a packet, please complete and return it with the supporting documents as soon as possible. We want to get as many incoming students as we can registered before the end of the school year!
Regarding Registration Packets:
1. They must be returned in person, completed before the child will be placed in a classroom.
2. All necessary backup documents (birth certificate/passport; Oregon immunizations; and 2 current proofs of address) must accompany the packet when returned before we can place the student.
A Message from the Principal
Dear Visitors to Chapman’s Website,
Chapman is a very special place and I consider it a privilege to work with a talented staff, an involved parent community, and students who are eager and enthusiastic about learning. I have been a principal for a number of years, but continued to be amazed with the extraordinary accomplishments that occur daily at Chapman.
- Chapman children are enthusiastic and excited about learning. It is a thrill to observe our young learners working to become better readers, writers, mathematicians, scientists, artists, and musicians.
- Our teachers are top notch and hold very high expectations for student performance. Teachers challenge students who excel and provide support to ensure that all students are able to meet high performance standards.
- We have an army of parent and community volunteers who assist in classrooms, coordinate special events, and generally work as partners with us. In June of 2005, Chapman won national recognition, Parent Involvement Certification of Excellence.
- Our success is directly related to a strong partnership with parents who value education.
- Supportive parents, businesses, and the community provide a wide range of financial supports to Chapman. The PTA and Educational Foundation both raise significant funds that are used to purchase instructional supplies, equipment, and additional school staff.
As a neighborhood school, we strive to provide a balanced and well-rounded instructional program for our students. Chapman’s strong and rigorous academics are enhanced and supported by outstanding music, library, and physical education programs. Our focus is to educate the “whole child” in an environment that inspires a love of learning.
Thank you for visiting our website. Working together we are soaring to new heights.
Scott Choate, Principal