School News & Announcements
Friday 9 Statewide Inservice
NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
Mon-Fri Scholastic Book Fair
12-16 BEFORE and AFTER schoolTues 13 PTA Board Meeting 6:30
Wed 14 LATE OPENING 10 am
(Buses p/u 2 hrs later in a.m.)
Wed-Th Parent/Teacher Conferences
21 & 22 NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
Friday 23 NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
Thurs 29 Grandparent/Special Friends Visit -
Check w/teacher for details & times
The Chapman office is open for registration from
7:45 am to 3:30 pm.
Registrations require a minimum of 24 hours processing. If returned before 10 am, the child will begin classes the next school day.
If registration packet is returned after 10 am, start day will be the second day after to allow for data entry, teacher notification and classroom setup.
Transportation: Student who live more than 1 mile away from Chapman (curb to curb) may be eligible to ride a bus. Click here for info. If you have other transportation questions, call 503-916-6901 for help.
Lunch Account Payments
(Or you or your student can take payment to the school kitchen)
Questions about your child's lunch account? Email our lunch person at firstname.lastname@example.org,
or call / visit the school between 7:30am and 12:45pm.
Support PTA and Chapman Volunteers!
Check back for information on electronic enrollment and membership!
NOTE: Hard copies of both the PTA Little Yellow Form and the Volunteer Registration Form are available in the main office. Volunteer Background Checks are now online at volunteer.pps.net
A Message from the Principal
Dear Visitors to Chapman’s Website,
Chapman is a very special place and I consider it a privilege to work with a talented staff, an involved parent community, and students who are eager and enthusiastic about learning. I have been a principal for a number of years, but continued to be amazed with the extraordinary accomplishments that occur daily at Chapman.
- Chapman children are enthusiastic and excited about learning. It is a thrill to observe our young learners working to become better readers, writers, mathematicians, scientists, artists, and musicians.
- Our teachers are top notch and hold very high expectations for student performance. Teachers challenge students who excel and provide support to ensure that all students are able to meet high performance standards.
- We have an army of parent and community volunteers who assist in classrooms, coordinate special events, and generally work as partners with us. In June of 2005, Chapman won national recognition, Parent Involvement Certification of Excellence.
- Our success is directly related to a strong partnership with parents who value education.
- Supportive parents, businesses, and the community provide a wide range of financial supports to Chapman. The PTA and Educational Foundation both raise significant funds that are used to purchase instructional supplies, equipment, and additional school staff.
As a neighborhood school, we strive to provide a balanced and well-rounded instructional program for our students. Chapman’s strong and rigorous academics are enhanced and supported by outstanding music, library, and physical education programs. Our focus is to educate the “whole child” in an environment that inspires a love of learning.
Scott Choate, Principal