School News & Announcements
Get ready to Connect to Kindergarten! Our spring Kindergarten Information Session will be Tuesday, May 6th, from 9 to 10:30 am, starting in the auditorium. Pick up a registration packet and learn more about Chapman.
You may stop in to the school office during office hours and pick up a registration packet. In order to plan our kindergarten staff we need to know about your plans to register as soon as possible. The office is open from 7:35am until 3:30pm.
IMPORTANT INFO AND DATES
April 24 - Art Ball 5 - 8 pm; Talent Show 5-6:30 pm
May 5-9 - Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week
May 6 - Connect to Kindergarten meeting
May 16 - PTA General Meeting, 8:30 am
May 21 - Late opening, classes begin at 10 am, buses pick up 2 hrs. late
FRIDAY ROUND-UP ASSEMBLY SCHEDULE:
APRIL - Kindergarten doesn't participate
MAY - Grade 1 doesn't participate
JUNE - Kindergarten doesn't participate
Read the Latest Edition of the Student Newspaper!
Chapman Swift Current 2012-2013
BigTent - Online Family Group
All Chapman families are invited to join us on BigTent. The registration process is simple and secure. Since members input their own information, data is accurate and up-to-date. You will also get to choose how much of your information you wish to share with the group.
Those families who want to stay on top of the latest events at Chapman, sign up for volunteer opportunities, and be included in the printed family directory should become members. Sign up today at:
NOTE: So that no family is left out, hard copies of both the PTA Little Yellow Form and the Volunteer Registration Form are available in the main office. Volunteer Background Checks are now online at volunteer.pps.net
A Message from the Principal
Dear Visitors to Chapman’s Website,
Chapman is a very special place and I consider it a privilege to work with a talented staff, an involved parent community, and students who are eager and enthusiastic about learning. I have been a principal for a number of years, but continued to be amazed with the extraordinary accomplishments that occur daily at Chapman.
- Chapman children are enthusiastic and excited about learning. It is a thrill to observe our young learners working to become better readers, writers, mathematicians, scientists, artists, and musicians.
- Our teachers are top notch and hold very high expectations for student performance. Teachers challenge students who excel and provide support to ensure that all students are able to meet high performance standards.
- We have an army of parent and community volunteers who assist in classrooms, coordinate special events, and generally work as partners with us. In June of 2005, Chapman won national recognition, Parent Involvement Certification of Excellence.
- Our success is directly related to a strong partnership with parents who value education.
- Supportive parents, businesses, and the community provide a wide range of financial supports to Chapman. The PTA and Educational Foundation both raise significant funds that are used to purchase instructional supplies, equipment, and additional school staff.
As a neighborhood school, we strive to provide a balanced and well-rounded instructional program for our students. Chapman’s strong and rigorous academics are enhanced and supported by outstanding music, library, and physical education programs. Our focus is to educate the “whole child” in an environment that inspires a love of learning.
Thank you for visiting our website. Working together we are soaring to new heights.
Scott Choate, Principal