Student Learning Environment
- where teachers make instructional decisions based on student data, so that instruction builds on student strengths.
- Emphasis on instruction using appropriate technology.
- Instruction by the Title I teachers, English as a Second Language teachers, and Educational Resource teachers help students build basic skills and meet individual needs.
- All children are valued for their own abilities, talents and individual learning styles.
- Each child and adult in our learning community is unique.
- Students are held to high academic and behavioral standards.
- Emphasis is placed on interactive, hands-on learning activities and problem-solving skills.
Special Features and Programs
- Art, library, PE and Tech are all offered to students during the day
- Additional literacy and English Language Learner support
- School-wide Title 1 program
- Free breakfast for all students
Before and After School Programs
- Vermont Hills Child Care (before and after school)
- SUN (Schools Uniting Neighborhoods) Community School programs, which includes homework help and enrichment activities for grades 1-8
- Spanish Homework Club
Bridger's community partners include SUN, Campfire USA, Meals for Minds, and Gear Up. We have a strong partnership with several of the local colleges: Portland State, Warner Pacific, Cascade College and George Fox who help us train student teachers for the future of education. Warner Pacific has also connected with Bridger as a community service location for students. Grace Baptist Church and SOLV are our Community Care Day sponsors. We provide holiday assistance for families with the help of Grace Baptist Church, our sister school, Stevenson Elementary, and support from our Bridger school community. We would like to extend a thank you to all of our partners for the great help and support they provide Bridger Elementary.
- Bridger embraces district curriculum for reading, writing and mathematics using appropriate technology and software where applicable.
- Spanish Immersion uses the 90/10 dual immersion model with curriculum delivered 90% in Spanish the first year and 80% in the second year. Research indicates this is the best model for biliteral and bicultural academic outcomes for immersion students.
- Extra support for students is provided by Title I resources. English Language Learners are provided with extra support through our ESL Staff.