Academic Support at Beaumont
There are many types of Academic Support here at Beaumont.
- There is an AM Study Hall every morning from 8:30-9 in Room 101. (Please register for this study hall through SUN School.)
- Most teachers offer a Study Hall or Academic Support times, check with your teachers to find out when they are available.
- Ms. Geason runs a mentor program for selected students. She also offers pull-out study support for every Core Teacher. Ask your Core Teacher when your time is.
- There are several study groups that meet to work on assignments during the day. If you don't know where to find them, ask around or form your own!
- Ms. Dunn offers counseling to provide help dealing with academic related stress. Go ahead and send her an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) right now.
Academic Support in the Outside World
There are also a lot of great resources outside of school that can help with your school work. Here are a few.
- There is a lot of good advice out there about coping with school stress. This paper does a nice job of summarizing some of the key ideas.
- Believe it or not: parents and older siblings are an amazing resource, try them.
- Multnomah County Library offers a great online Homework Center here.
- You can also text the word multcolib and your question to 66746. A 24-hour help desk will get back to you within minutes.
- Take a nap or get some exercise.