School dances are a time for Beaumont students to hang out and socialize with their classmates.
The dances are held three times a year. The first two are separated into a 6th grade only dance (held right after school) and a 7th/8th grade dance (held later in the evening). The third dance in the spring is for all grades. There is a fourth and final dance at the end of the year for 8th Graders only.
Students enjoy great music, snacks and drinks while volunteer chaperones and BMS staff make sure everyone is having a good time in appropriate ways. Music and dancing are held in the new gym, while ping-pong, games, snacks and socializing are held in the cafeteria.
Dances are usually held on the last school day of each quarter. Exact dates and time are announced in the Daily Roar a few weeks ahead of time. Permission slips and a small fee (discounted for BSP holders) are required at the door.
Don't miss out on all of the fun! See you there.
In addition to after-school dances there are several other student-centered events that are a part of our Beaumont School culture. A few of the highlights include:
- Fall Harvest Festival: At the end of October we hold a school-wide carnival. You can dress up in costume and participate in a variety of games, contests, and even a "haunted hallway!"
- Spirit Weeks: Twice a year, the Web Leaders & Unity Club host a school spirit week. During spirit week you get to dress up based on a particular theme for each day. It's a great way to add a little fun and variety to your wardrobe, and a chance to be adventurous and bold.
- Science Fair: Beaumont's annual Science Fair is an evening celebration of student work in Science. You will spend weeks conducting your experiment, and then present your results at this event.
- Multicultural Assembly: A performance & presentation based assembly where you'll spend time reflecting on what makes you unique and how your individuality helps to make our community more strong and safe.
- Writers' Festival: At the end of May, Beaumont hosts a writers' festival. On the day of the festival you will not attend regular classes, instead you'll go to a series of sessions and seminars that you choose. There you'll work on perfecting writing skills and playing word-based games.
- Mix-It-Up Day: In November Unity Club hosts a Mix-It-Up Day during lunch. This is a day where you get to sit with people you normally don't sit next to, play games, and get to know each other. It's a great way to make new friends, and to help harvest a stronger school culture.
- Final Days: The last day of school is a time of celebration and play with friends. At Beaumont, each grade level has their own end of the year celebration. Previous celebrations have included: Field Day, Oaks Park, and a trip to Seaside.