The Oregon Education Act for the 21st Century (HB2991) states that:
There shall be established at each school a 21st Century Schools Council. The 21st Century Schools Council, however, shall not interfere with the duties, responsibilities, and rights of duly elected school district boards.
The primary purpose of the 21st Century Schools Site Council is to work in collaboration with the school district, school staff, and community toward the improvement of student performance at the school site.The Site Council meets once a month to work with the principal in designing and implementing the School Improvement Plan that guides our work.
Objectives for Site Councils
- To place the overall interests of the students first;
- To help all stakeholders share responsibility for students success;
- To enhance parent and community involvement;
- To provide a forum for discussions on school success; and
- To promote positive attitudes toward public education.
To the extent practical and within the policies, vision and goals of the school district, school site councils include:
- The development of plans to improve the professional growth of the staff;
- The dispensing of Professional Growth Funds from each buildings allocation;
- The improvement of the school’s instructional program;
- The development and coordination of plans for the implementation of programs under the Oregon Educational Act for the 21st Century the school site;
- The administration of grants-in-aid for the professional development of teachers and classified district employees; and
- The development of annual School Improvement Plans.
The Beaumont Site Council is composed of teachers, classified employees, and parents and community members. Please email or call (503 916-5610) the office if you are interested or would like more information.