School News & Announcements
- October 8 -- Statewide Inservice Day (no school for students)
- November 5 -- Teacher Planning Day (no school for students)
- November 11 -- Holiday (schools and all offices closed)
A Message from the Principal
The mission of Alliance High School at Meek ProTech is to provide academic and professional technical opportunities that motivate students to achieve their goals. Our graduates will enter a highly competitive society, and we are committed to providing students with an education that prepares them with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to succeed in the 21st Century.
The education framework at Meek ProTech is based on the following characteristics:
- Prosocial bonding – Students have a positive bond with at least one caring adult and a peer group in the school.
- Clear, consistent boundaries – Students are clear about the expected behaviors and are taught an intervention process to solve problems.
- Life skills – Students practice cooperative learning in a variety of settings to learn effective social functioning.
- Care and support – Students feel cared for and supported in the school.
- High expectations – Students believe they can succeed and are accountable to meet the standards for success beyond high school.
- Meaningful participation – Students engage in learning experiences beyond the schoolhouse.
Meek ProTech offers Portland youths an alternative to traditional high schools. Small classes, personal counseling, and flexible scheduling assist students in meeting their personal challenges. Although teachers provide a standards-based curriculum, they recognize the importance of individual interests and needs during instruction.
Our philosophy captures the attitudes associated with do what matters most. Working together, students and teachers bring this philosophy to life.
We offer ...
Portland youths an alternative to traditional high schools. Small classes, personal counseling, and flexible learning schedules allow students to meet the challenge of learning real-life skills. Teachers provide an integrated education that relates classroom subjects to students' lives and career opportunities.
Our Mission ... is to provide academic and professional-technical opportunities that motivate students to remain in school to learn the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to become a contributing member of society.
View Larger Map