Check these requirements first:
· Before doing anything else, students new to Portland Public Schools must be processed by the Enrollment and Transfer Office, (503) 916-3205. If the student is accepted into PPS, the student may then apply to Alliance HS @ Benson per the checklist below.
· Special Education students are always accepted into our program if we have supports that will legally meet the student's written IEP. Before we admit students to Alliance HS @ Benson, students with IEPs must have an IEP meeting with a SPED representative from Alliance @ Benson present to determine if our school is an appropriate educational program.
Alliance High School @ Benson Application Checklist
Students are admitted to Alliance @ Benson according to the steps below. *Note that a completed application does not guarantee admission to Alliance HS @ Benson.
1. Determine if Alliance @ Benson is the right fit:
- Attend an informational session. Sessions will be held on the following dates:Information Sessions for the 2015-2016 school year will be held on Mondays at 6:30pm in room C102
We require all applicants to attend the session with a parent or guardian.Please call our office to RSVP if interested in attending the session. (503) 916-6486
2. Submit documents to the Alliance HS @ Benson office to apply:
- Completed Application for Admission (Click here for application packet)
- Period attendance record from this year (check with your current school counselor)
- All special education documentation (IEP, 504 plan, list of all services received)
- Most recent high school transcript
- Recommendation letter from current school counselor
- Student and parent/guardian meet with the administrator to discuss admission.
4. If admitted:
- Student and parent meet with the Counselor to set a schedule.
5. Registration Forms: