The Abernethy Library will strive to be a partner in the instructional program and is dedicated to providing our school and community with the best possible resources and opportunities to learn.
1. For students to acquire information literacy skills.
2. To inspire students love of literature.
3. To encourage students and teachers to use their creativity and support their ideas and curriculum.
- Kindergarteners check out one book at a time.
- Students in grades 1-2 check out 2 books at a time.
- Students in grade 3 can check out up to 3 books at a time.
- Students in grades 4-5 check out up to 4 books or magazines at a time.
- All students are welcome to exchange books as often as they would like to. They do not have to wait for the day of their library class.
- Parents are also welcome to check out books. Stop in and see us!
- No fines are charged for late materials, but we do bill for lost materials.
Grade Level Projects
5th Grade- US History Sites
-Solar System Sites
2nd Grade- Animal sites
1st Grade- Insect Reports