Tours will be offered at the following schools, Saturday, April 9, from 10 a.m. to noon:
- Cleveland High School,
3400 S.E. 26th Ave.
- East Sylvan Campus of West Sylvan Middle School,
1849 S.W. 58th Ave.
- Faubion PK-8 School,
3039 N.E. Rosa Parks Blvd.
- Roosevelt High School,
6941 N. Central St.
Portland Public Schools
Focused on What Counts
Report on Our Schools 2011
You have a stake in Portland Public Schools. With 47,000 students and 85 schools, PPS is core to every neighborhood. Our schools are your schools.
Here are our latest results — and how we intend to get better, even in a time of tight budgets.
Our goal is to prepare each student with the knowledge and skills he or she needs to succeed in life and help Portland thrive. We’re focused on what counts:
- High-quality teaching and leadership in every school.
- Well-rounded programs that are rigorous and relevant, that meet the needs of each learner.
- High expectations for results — a shared belief that every student can achieve.
- Modernized learning environments that help teachers and students do their best work.
We’re seeing better results. Students have a longer school year. Student achievement has improved at key grades. More students are on track to graduate. Enrollment is growing as more families choose our schools.
And we know we must do better, especially for students of color.
Our schools — your schools — can’t do it alone.
We need, and appreciate, your involvement.
Portland Public Schools Superintendent
Milestones results for 2009-10
Milestones are specific measures at key grades. They are linked to future student educational success.