Statement of Ethics
Below find PPS Procurement Services Statement of Ethics.
- Public service is a public trust requiring employees to place loyalty to the Constitution, the laws, and ethical principles above private gain.
- We will use District resources for public rather than personal benefit. We will purchase without prejudice and advocate best value for each expended dollar.
- We will perform our duties efficiently and to the best of our abilities. We will accept responsibility for our actions.
- We will satisfy in good faith our obligations as stewards of the public trust.
- We will accomplish our duties in an honest manner and in accordance with all applicable laws of the city, state, and country.
- We will avoid activities that compromise or appear to compromise the best interest of the District.
- We believe that personal aggrandizement or personal profit obtained through misuse of public or personal relationships is dishonest and intolerable.
- We will not seek or dispense personal favors that are in conflict with our profession. We will handle all matters honestly, objectively, and emphatically.
- We will handle all District business matters professionally and in an unbiased, merit-based manner. We support the Racial Education Equity Policy of the District.
Solicitations and Contracting
- We will maintain open and fair competition.
- We will not endorse any products or vendors.
- We will not use our position to exert leverage on individuals or firms for the purpose of creating a benefit for agencies or organizations that we represent.
- We will hold bidder proprietary information confidential.
Employee Gifts and Conflicts of Interest
- When we recognize our own, individual, potential or actual conflict of interest, we will disclose it in writing to our supervisor.
- We will avoid the appearance of impropriety.
- We will not solicit or accept gratuities in any form for our personal use or gain, including but not limited to gifts, tickets for entertainment, tickets for trips/transportation/training, and personal promotion and references.
- We will strive to minimize the acceptance of vendor promotional and marketing items.
- When attending events as directed by leadership, we may accept meals when provided as part of the event.