PAT Contract Talks
Teams from Portland Public Schools (PPS) and the Portland Association of Teachers (PAT) are bargaining a new contract for Portland’s 2,800 teachers. This contract sets many rules that affect the quality of education your student receives. These include:
- Learning time for students.
- How teachers are hired and assigned.
- Pay and benefits for teachers.
This page provides information about the bargaining process and about important issues in the talks.
PPS Final Offer (PDF)
PAT Final Offer (PDF)
- December 02, 2013: Portland Public Schools’ statement on unfair labor practice complaint filed by PAT
- November 27, 2013: PPS provides final contract offer to PAT and state mediator
- November 22, 2013: PPS addresses inaccurate representations of school district offer by PAT
- November 20, 2013: PPS reaches impasse in bargaining with PAT
- November 19, 2013: Bargaining teams meet but make no progress
- November 18, 2013: PPS offers workload contract proposal; negotiations set for today
- November 12, 2013: School board directs bargaining team to press ahead for teacher contract
- November 06, 2013: PPS offers new salary increase, workload proposal
Perspectives on PAT Contract Talks