Synergy ParentVUE & StudentVUE Information for Students and Families
Synergy ParentVUE is a tool to help families stay informed about their student’s progress. This tool can be used to access your student’s grades, attendance information, and also to communicate with teachers. Students will have access to the same information using Synergy StudentVUE.
Go Paperless! Option: To stop receiving hard copies of both secondary progress reports and secondary report cards, parent/guardians can opt-in to Go Paperless! via Synergy ParentVUE. Unfortunately, the feature does not work for elementary standards-based report cards at this time.
Go Paperless! Opt-In Process:
- Each parent/guardian listed in Synergy must have a ParentVUE account. If a parent/guardian does not have an account, contact the student’s school directly.
- Each parent/guardian needs to login to ParentVUE and under My Account, check ‘I only want to receive my child’s report card on-line, do not send me a printed report card.’ NOTE: If one parent/guardian opts-in and another does not, the family will continue to receive a paper copies.
- Each parent/guardian can access posted marks via ParentVUE under the ‘Report Card’ menu
*** FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ***
I do not have a ParentVUE login. How do I create an account?
If you need an activation key to create an account, please contact your student's school.
I am a student. How do I login to StudentVUE?
StudentVUE is available to students in Grades 6 and above. Students can login to StudentVUE using their regular PPS username and password. If you do not know your PPS username and password, please contact your school office.
How do I login to the ParentVUE/StudentVUE mobile app?
To use the Android or iOS app, please select Portland Public Schools from the list of Oregon districts, or enter the district office zip code of 97227.
I forgot my password. How do I reset my password?
Parents have the ability to reset their own passwords. If you have forgotten your password, follow the below steps:
- Click on the Login to ParentVUE/StudentVUE link on the top of this page
- Click I am a parent >>
- Under the username and password field, click on Forget your password? Click here.
- Enter the email address you used to activate your account and click Send Email to be emailed your login information.
Students can manage their own password by going to http://password.pps.net.
My account has been disabled. How do I re-enable my account?
For security reasons, ParentVUE accounts are disabled if a password is entered incorrectly more than three times. To re-enable your account, please contact your student's school.
Can I use the same login for all my kids at Portland Public Schools?
Yes. Your ParentVUE login gives you access to information on all your kids enrolled at Portland Public Schools. If you are not seeing one or more kid with your login, it can be an indication of a duplicate record for you in the system. Please contact your student's school (the student you are unable to see in ParentVUE) to fix this issue.
What does the Report Card module show?
The report card module shows a student's final grade. This is not a replacement for mailed-home report cards.
*Please note that the report card module is currently available only for Middle School and High School students and is not available to Elementary of K-8 students. Example: If a parent has students attending all grade levels (an elementary, K-8, middle, and high school), the report card module will only be visible for the middle and high school students.