Acceptable Use Policy Agreement
I have read, understand, and agree to abide by the provisions of the Acceptable Use Policy of Portland Public Schools outlined below.
|I Accept||I Decline|
Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) for District Computer Systems
The following is an extract of the complete AUP as it applies to use of the Parent Assistant module. The complete AUP is available upon request from your child’s school or online at Information-Technology/Forms, and click the Student Acceptable Use Policy link.
The District’s Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) (set forth through Board Policy 8.60.040-P) is to prevent unauthorized access and other unlawful activities by users online, prevent unauthorized disclosure of or access to sensitive information, and to comply with the Children’s Internet Protection Act (“CIPA”).
Unacceptable Uses of the Computer Network or Internet is defined as follows:
- Violating any state or federal law or municipal ordinance, such as: Accessing or transmitting pornography of any kind, obscene depictions, harmful materials, materials that encourage others to violate the law, confidential information or copyrighted materials.
- Using profane, abusive, or impolite language; threatening, harassing, bullying or making damaging or false statements about others or transmitting offensive, harassing, or disparaging materials.
- Deleting, copying, modifying, or forging other users’ names, emails, files, or data; disguising one’s identity, impersonating other users, or sending anonymous email.
- Using another’s account password(s) or identifier(s).
- Providing your account information to others, or making your account readily accessible.
- Using the network or Internet in any manner that violates any District or school rule or policy.
Penalties for Improper Use: The use of a District account is a privilege, not a right, and misuse will result in the restriction or cancellation of the account. Misuse may also lead to other legal action, including criminal prosecution by government authorities.
The District makes no guarantees about the quality of the services provided and is not responsible for any claims, losses, damages, costs, or other obligations arising from use of the network or accounts.