The Google translation of this page's content may not be completely accurate. Please contact the Human Resources Department directly for clarification of official information.
Portland Public Schools seeks dynamic professionals who share our passion for improving students. We want to attract outstanding, visionary leaders who:
- Will improve student achievement and help eliminate the achievement gap for children of color.
- Build support among staff by fostering the belief that all children and young adults are capable of reaching exceptional heights.
- Develop a community of adult learners that is driven to improve learning for all students.
- Use data to inform innovation and improvement.
- Make decisions through a lens of equity and social justice.
If you are ready to meet the challenge, we want to meet you. Consider Portland Public Schools in beautiful Portland, Oregon.
(click on "VIEW CURRENT POSTINGS" link above for any current postings)
Principal Vacancies: Currently, we are working on the Principal vacancies for these schools:
Duniway K-5Vestal K-8
Woodstock K-5 (neighborhood and Mandarin Chinese Immersion)
Hosford Middle School
Sylvan Middle School
Principal Application Information Sessions: The pool for Elementary and Middle School positions is now closed. We hosted two different Information Sessions for interested applicants for Principal (this was for information, and was not a requirement to apply) Click here for a copy of the handouts for those presentations.
Assistant Principal Vacancies: The posting for the 2013-14 Assistant Principal (grades PK through 8th) pool closed March 15th. Applications are now being screened; the goal is to notify applicants of their status or eligibility for school-specific interviews by the middle of May.
Will your school have an opening for a Principal?:
Community Input - (The first step): Tell us what you think; you can:
- write your comments on a Survey (English or Spanish or Russian or Somali and turn in to your school office
- enter your comments on a web-based survey.
- attend a Community Meeting for your school (contact school for date)
- write your comments on an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview Committee: If Committee Interviews of the candidates are necessary, you may nominate yourself. You must fill out two forms if you want to volunteer:
For questions about anything on this page, contact John Blanck, Director of Administrative Hiring, at email@example.com.
Veterans Preference Under Oregon law, veterans who meet minimum qualifications for a position may be eligible for employment preference. If you are a Veteran and you would like to apply for Veteran's preference, please fill out the Veterans Preference page on our online application and submit with all required documentation by the closing date of the recruitment. Veteran’s preference does not guarantee veterans the position with which they are applying for.
For further information about veterans’ preference please contact Human Resources or refer to the Bureau of Labor and Industries website.Effective January 1, 2012.