- High School Transfers
- Open Monday,
- Close Friday, Feb. 21
- Open Monday,
- Elementary/Middle School Transfers
- Open Monday, Feb. 3
- Close Friday, Mar. 7
Choosing Your School
Will your child start kindergarten, middle or high school in September? Or are you looking to transfer to another PPS school from you current school? If the answer is yes, you and your student are making an important school transition. How should you choose the right school?
For most Portland families, their neighborhood school is the best match. Families looking for another setting may apply for transfer through the School Choice lottery which begins each year in late January or early February.
Considering a transfer?
Transfer information for the 2014-15 school year will be available later this year. Applications for transfer will be available when the transfer cycle opens. Before applying for transfer, visit your neighborhood school and discuss other public school choices as a family. Transfer cycle deadlines are as follows:
Elementary & Middle school lottery opens February 3 - March 7, 2014 @ 5 PM
High school lottery opens January 27 - February 21, 2014 @ 5 PM
School Choice transfers were determined through a centralized lottery, and space was limited. Lottery results will be mailed within four to six weeks after the transfer deadline.Space Availability
- Elementary & Middle School transfer slots (available early February)
- High School transfer slots (available late January)
Transfer Process Information
Learn more about the process through the following information:
- Toolbox on School Choice (contains helpful links to look up school information)
- Lottery Logic (2013-14)
- Transfer Policy (4.10.051-P)
- Transfer Administrative Directive (4.10.054-AD)
- Student Assignment Review & School Boundary Changes (4.10.049-AD)
- Jefferson-area 8th graders: Choosing a high school
All Jefferson area 8th graders need to choose Jefferson or their assigned comprehensive high school. Click here for information & dual-assignment form.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Expectations of Students (Checklist): (English)
- Language Immersion Frequently Asked Questions: (English, Español, Tiếng Việt, 中文, Русский, af Soomaaliga)
Learn more about special circumstances.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Enrollment and Transfer Center at 503-916-3205.