Pre-Kindergarten applications will be available from May 6th through June 7th for the 2013-14 school year.
Available Sites: Boise-Eliot-Humboldt, Faubion, King, Rosa Parks & Woodlawn.
For more information and to download an application, click here.
- Chief Joseph & Ockley Green will be a single consolidated K-8 neighborhood school operating on both campuses beginning Sept. 2013. Updated space availability list.
- Ockley Green's focus option K-5 program at the end of the 2012 school year.
Choosing Your School
Will your child start kindergarten, middle or high school in September? Or are you looking to transfer to another PPS school from you current school? If the answer is yes, you and your student are making an important school transition. How should you choose the right school?
For most Portland families, their neighborhood school is the best match. Families looking for another setting may apply for transfer through the School Choice lottery which begins each year in February.
Considering a transfer?
The School Choice transfer cycle is closed for the 2013-14 school year. Transfer cycle deadlines were as follows:
Elementary & Middle school lottery was open February 8 - March 15 @ 5 PM - Closed
High school lottery was open February 1 - February 22 @ 10 PM - Closed
School Choice transfers were determined through a centralized lottery, and space was limited. Lottery results have been mailed.Space Availability
Transfer Process Information
Learn more about the process through the following information:
- Toolbox on School Choice (contains helpful links to look up school information)
- Lottery Logic
- Transfer Policy (4.10.051-P)
- Transfer Administrative Directive (4.10.054-AD)
- Student Assignment Review & School Boundary Changes (4.10.049-AD)
- Jefferson-area 8th graders: Choosing a high school
All Jefferson area 8th graders need to choose Jefferson or their assigned comprehensive high school. Click here for information & dual-assignment form.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Expectations of Students (Checklist): (English)
- Language Immersion Frequently Asked Questions: (English, Español, Tiếng Việt, 中文, Русский, af Soomaaliga)
Learn more about special circumstances.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Enrollment and Transfer Center at 503-916-3205.