To accomplish its role, the Board:
- Determines the long-range direction of the District
- Establishes policies that direct the instructional and support programs
- Employs and evaluates the Superintendent
- Communicates with the community
- Negotiates with employee groups to determine salaries and benefits
- Calls elections on bond proposals
- Approves the annual budget
A student Board Representative, selected by the high school student body, serves as an unofficial voting member for one year to represent the students and report on the various high school activities.
The public is invited to attend the public Board meetings to gain a better understanding of school district business and the role of the School Board. The public is also invited to address the Board during the public comment portion of the Board meetings. Individuals interested in addressing the Board should arrive a few minutes prior to the scheduled meetings and place their name on the sign-in sheet. You may also phone in your request to provide public comment (503-916-3906), or email your request to email@example.com. Individuals may phone or email in advance of the meeting; please include the subject topic you will be speaking on.
For more information, please contact:Rosanne Powell, Senior Manager - Board of Education, 503-916-3904. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Caren Huson, Senior Specialist - Board of Education, 503-916-3906. Email: email@example.com